Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Nfl 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    Honestly, he should be out of the league for good. You have to send a very strong signal about that kind of play.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    The more I watch the video and break it down, the more Iím inclined to back off of my statement above. Given Rudolphís behavior on the ground, I understand but cannot condone Garrettís action.

Rudolph needs a pretty healthy suspension and fine as well.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

The more I watch the video and break it down, the more I’m inclined to back off of my statement above. Given Rudolph’s behavior on the ground, I understand but cannot condone Garrett’s action.

Rudolph needs a pretty healthy suspension and fine as well.

Understand the action of hitting someone on the head with a helmet!? I respectfully disagree. Granted Rudolph lashed out, but only AFTER he was taken to the ground WELL after his part of the play was over. Garrett was plainly giving him the business and wouldn't let him up off of the turf. Pouncey deserved his suspension, but I don't feel that Rudolph should be suspended. Fined, yes absolutely.

While Rudolph may have instigated the altercation by grabbing Garrets helmet first, Iím fairly certain had he been successful in yanking it off, he would not have used it as a weapon...in fact, I cannot recall a helmet being swung and hitting another player in the head ever before...most likely because players understand the dire consequences of such an action from an injury standpoint...

Should Rudolph also be fined and/or suspended for his participation?...thatís up to the league to decide...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    Understand the action of hitting someone on the head with a helmet!? I respectfully disagree. Granted Rudolph lashed out, but only AFTER he was taken to the ground WELL after his part of the play was over. Garrett was plainly giving him the business and wouldn't let him up off of the turf. Pouncey deserved his suspension, but I don't feel that Rudolph should be suspended. Fined, yes absolutely.
    Iím not condoning it and Iím not saying he shouldnít be suspended, Iím just no longer in favor of a lifetime ban.

Rudolph was pulling his face mask with one hand and trying to pull his helmet off with the other. He should be suspended for a few games and fined but not nearly to the level of Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    ...in fact, I cannot recall a helmet being swung and hitting another player in the head ever before...most likely because players understand the dire consequences of such an action from an injury standpoint...
    Unfortunately, it does happen just not on National TV during a game. Michael Strahan even admitted today that he did the same thing to somebody in practice.

Again, Iím not condoning the behavior. After looking at the entirety of the situation, and this playerís on and off the field attitude before and after the incident, Iím just not inclined to support a lifetime ban.

Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Iím not condoning it and Iím not saying he shouldnít be suspended, Iím just no longer in favor of a lifetime ban.

Rudolph was pulling his face mask with one hand and trying to pull his helmet off with the other. He should be suspended for a few games and fined but not nearly to the level of Garrett.

Unfortunately, it does happen just not on National TV during a game. Michael Strahan even admitted today that he did the same thing to somebody in practice.

Again, Iím not condoning the behavior. After looking at the entirety of the situation, and this playerís on and off the field attitude before and after the incident, Iím just not inclined to support a lifetime ban.

I couldnít imagine getting hit in the head with a helmet by Strahan...thatís gonna leave a mark

I also would not favor lifetime ban. I'd certainly have a sit down before the season began next year and lay out a no-tolerance policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    I cannot recall a helmet being swung and hitting another player in the head ever before...
    Miami vs FIU from mid 2000s comes to mind. Though he did hit someone else with a helmet on.

https://youtu.be/EoHSp3-Hyuc

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TLife View Post
    Miami vs FIU from mid 2000s comes to mind. Though he did hit someone else with a helmet on.

https://youtu.be/EoHSp3-Hyuc

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Totally understandable, seeing that it was Miami...Felon U...

ďthe enemy of my enemy is my friend ď...

Go Bolts...

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    I also would not favor lifetime ban. I'd certainly have a sit down before the season began next year and lay out a no-tolerance policy.
    Yes, I'm replying to my own quote. As of tonight I am off of the fence regarding lifetime ban now. With the revelation that Garrett is now claiming that Rudolph used a racial slur a week after the incident and that is what triggered him has me leaning yes, lifetime ban. I am so goddam sick and tired of these pussies pulling the race card when it suits them with NO repercussions. Fuck this guy. Ban 'em. Done. Go find work elsewhere asshole.
    Last edited by Ddays; 11-21-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast