Rollover angle?

Kolorado

I went to easy trail for mushroom hunting.
My wife was scared, she think jeep gonna rollover.
I said it’s ok....but just wondering what’s the max rollover angle is...any idea?? IMG_4320.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Outside of the Jeep and watching, the allowable angle allowance is much greater. Inside the Jeep, any tilt feels like you're going to roll the fucker.

In other words, if it's that tippy, get your passengers out of the Jeep.

Kolorado

Outside of the Jeep and watching, the allowable angle allowance is much greater. Inside the Jeep, any tilt feels like you're going to roll the fucker.

In other words, if it's that tippy, get your passengers out of the Jeep.

when my wife get her discovery we tested their test place and up to 44 degree so o was wondering what’s the number for wralger[emoji16]

jdofmemi

when my wife get her discovery we tested their test place and up to 44 degree so o was wondering what’s the number for wralger[emoji16]

You have to be careful with having a "magic number". That is in perfect conditions, everything even, no bouncing, no sliding into a hole or rut.

I don't have a fancy meter, but checking the angle on some of my pictures, I have been near 40+ degrees in some.

Not sure how much more it would go, and again, it depends on the situation.

The 24 degrees you show could cause a problem if you suddenly slid into a deeper rut on the low side, but if everything is even, it would be no problem.

Many things can have an effect on stability, like cargo, passengers, tire size, tire pressure, shocks, lift, wheel offset, spacers, added accessories like bumpers and rock sliders. Basically anything that changes the way it came from the factory has an effect, some for the better, some for the worse.

Ddays

Hooked
I said it’s ok....but just wondering what’s the max rollover angle is...any idea?

Always trust in the ass meter. As stated above, there are a lot of factors that affect the exact angle, but when your ass says, "stop it - this is fucked up" that's too steep of an angle

jorgelrod

Hooked
Always trust in the ass meter. As stated above, there are a lot of factors that affect the exact angle, but when your ass says, "stop it - this is fucked up" that's too steep of an angle

The Ass-o-Meter, LOL!!! :cheesy::cheesy:

Kolorado

You have to be careful with having a "magic number". That is in perfect conditions, everything even, no bouncing, no sliding into a hole or rut.

I don't have a fancy meter, but checking the angle on some of my pictures, I have been near 40+ degrees in some.

Not sure how much more it would go, and again, it depends on the situation.

The 24 degrees you show could cause a problem if you suddenly slid into a deeper rut on the low side, but if everything is even, it would be no problem.

Many things can have an effect on stability, like cargo, passengers, tire size, tire pressure, shocks, lift, wheel offset, spacers, added accessories like bumpers and rock sliders. Basically anything that changes the way it came from the factory has an effect, some for the better, some for the worse.

I race in track since 1988 and take trail since 2014 but i am still learning from both field . i think until i can’t do both i will still learn something from someone for sure.
So far my JL is stock but when i decided every part i will do it. but i just wanted know some basic number for starting point.[emoji16]

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I said it’s ok....but just wondering what’s the max rollover angle is...any idea?? View attachment 332570

I was just out at redbird SRA. There were a few trails with side angles of ~20 degrees and forward slopes ~45-50 degrees (Just a guess). My butthole was a little puckered (first offroad experience). My girlfriend was scared for her life. I came on WAL today to see how close we were to tipping. Doesn't look anywhere near the tipping point. THanks for the useful info!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
If I remember correctly, in one episode of the Moab video “A Mind Screw”, Eddie and crew crossed a tilty slick rock everyone thought was a bit scary. An Apple phone showed the tilt to be only about 17deg and Eddie stated 35deg was a good number to begin to get nervous about. Don’t know if he meant stock or seriously built out rigs. I’m not gonna do any research on this any time soon.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Twice yesterday we hit 40deg sideways when crawling. Yes...very uncomfortable. Feels scary before 30deg. I have noticed when going vertical that high of a degree the Jeep doesn't like it. Engine light went on when I was attempting a 40 degree vertical climb on mud. I couldn't make it up in the mud. Engine light off this morning so I attribute it to the vertical attempt.

Side question...has anyone experienced the dash display flashing rapidly when climbing steep hills in dirt and rocks with Jeep bouncing all over the place?

Top Bottom