Need help deciding which front uppers to get

Braxtonsag

Right now I have RK front lowers and don’t mind them, Iv had them almost 2 years and they’ve given me no issues. I don’t maintain them like I should either. Hell Iv only greased them a few of times. Anyways, I need to buy some adjustable front uppers so I can move my axle forward. My pinion angle is too low and with my prorock I’m running slightly excessive caster. My tires are also running at full lock in the rear so need adjustables ASAP.

I’d like to go with something not extremely high maintenance, but I also don’t really want to “upgrade” yet keep utilizing a solid rubber bushing.

Right now my main choices are core 4x4 and Rock Krawler. The rock krawlers I can get slightly cheaper but the cores use a Johnny joint. The only thing that confuses me about core is on their website they have tier 2, 3, and 4 front uppers and I’m assuming they just used generic descriptions because it says they come with double JJ or one flex joint and one JJ. Being that the front uppers only have one joint I just don’t know what I’m actually buying. Iv tried messaging them with no luck.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
I’ve been look at the core 4x4 as well. I think the tier 3 and tier 4 are actually the same arm for the front uppers. They are the same price. The tier 2 just have a little bit smaller tubing I believe. I don’t think they come with replacement bushings for the axle side. If they do that may be the difference in the 3&4. I’ve been meaning to email either them or Bubba to clarify.

Braxtonsag

Yeah the description on their website says they come with either rubber flex joint or one welded one forged Johnny joint. I THINK you’re right about 3 and 4 being the same, just wish they’d list it differently on their website to avoid confusion.

TheGrendel

Clayton or Synergy arms with dual durometer bushings. No need to grease.

Clayton Overland+ uses the new durometer bushing. They flex very well. Made very well. And priced great.

Top Bottom