Rust Remover Solution?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
What do you fellows use to soak rusty things in, like tools, parts, etc? I know there are products for that, but I don’t know any names.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I saw a guy on youtube that used electricity and a bucket and it was crazy how well it performed. I'll try to find the video.

Not the same video, but something like this:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I saw a guy on youtube that used electricity and a bucket and it was crazy how well it performed. I'll try to find the video.

Okay, that was badass!! :thumb:

notnalc68

Science....

Attachments

• 2A496FCF-66EB-4C5B-8A0B-AA95EF1FB26E.jpeg
    2A496FCF-66EB-4C5B-8A0B-AA95EF1FB26E.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 86
Evaporust works pretty well. I’m always salvaging old tools and junk with it. Toss rusty junk in a bucket and cover it over night. Most if not all rust will be at the bottom of the bucket the next day.

nbunga

Caught the Bug

My brother has done that with a few things. It’s crazy how well it works.

notnalc68

Evaporust is a good one. I think WD-40 makes one too.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Evaporust works pretty well. I’m always salvaging old tools and junk with it. Toss rusty junk in a bucket and cover it over night. Most if not all rust will be at the bottom of the bucket the next day.

I have two Evaporust recommendations, (three if you count a text from a friend), and one vote for possible electrocution. Looks like I may try Evaporust.

Thanks, everyone.

Brute

Hooked
I have two Evaporust recommendations, (three if you count a text from a friend), and one vote for possible electrocution. Looks like I may try Evaporust.

Thanks, everyone.

Might be difficult to electrocute oneself with a nine volt battery...but a seriously good tingling sensation might be welcome...depending upon where of course...

Ddays

Hooked
Didn't Hinrich clean up his coilovers using a homemade electrolysis setup a couple years ago? Came out pretty nice IIRC

If it’s just surface rust on things like tools etc. there’s a cheap product called evapo rust you just submerge your junk in and leave it for a day or two. If it’s like rust rust and flaky holes it doesn’t do much.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
You can use vinegar it’s works takes a little while but works. So I guess is how fast do you need it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom