Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quart/Gallon Transfer Pump Question

No the tiny amount of ATF left in the tube isn’t going to hurt anything. The dilution ration is so great that the trans isn’t gonna know
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Good shit to mix together and use for trail kit emergency. I think my gear oil in my trail kit is 75W80W95WSAE30 with a hint of 0W20. But I have no partial containers on my garage shelf at home. Winning.
    I don't know why I haven't done this. Unfortunately the inch of washer fluid left in the gallon container won't mix with anything

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    I have always used the same pump when doing my oil changes I just fill a bucket of water and pump it through a few times to clean out what I can and so far no issues for me doing that with my diff oil, transfer case, and manual trans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Thanks for everyone's help

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    No the tiny amount of ATF left in the tube isn’t going to hurt anything. The dilution ration is so great that the trans isn’t gonna know
    ☝️☝️ This ☝️☝️

Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    I have always used the same pump when doing my oil changes I just fill a bucket of water and pump it through a few times to clean out what I can and so far no issues for me doing that with my diff oil, transfer case, and manual trans.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I would rather have a little oil of a different viscosity mixed in than soapy water.

If your OCD is too bad, just pump the first little bit right into the waste oil you just drained, just to be sure it's clean. Your going to have leftover anyway, so you won't loose anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    This

I would rather have a little oil of a different viscosity mixed in than soapy water.

If your OCD is too bad, just pump the first little bit right into the waste oil you just drained, just to be sure it's clean. Your going to have leftover anyway, so you won't loose anything.
    Not a bad idea. I could always just pump old oil through it too I suppose. Thanks for everyone's help.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12