VIDEO : GETTIN READY for the NITTO JKX - Part 2

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to believe that the final Nitto JK-Experience presented by KMC Wheels is finally here and Cindy and I feel fortunate to have been invited to be a part of it. However, Moby is over 12 years old now and starting to show his age and so, we made sure to spend some time getting him ready for the trip. In addition to the coilover service, custom stretch and general maintenance we had done at Off Road Evolution, we decided to also make a trip to Motech and to have a unique upgrade made to Moby's cooling system. And, being that this is a Nitto Tire event, we decided it would be good to run a set of shoes that were a bit more appropriate for the occasion. In this short video, you'll get to see some of what it took to whip Moby into shape and ready to hit the JKX. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

fiend

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Changing those tires must have been a hell of a lot of work.

I wonder how much of the improved cooling is due to the JL fan vs the heat sink transmission cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. Changing those tires must have been a hell of a lot of work.

I wonder how much of the improved cooling is due to the JL fan vs the heat sink transmission cooler.

Transmission temps are definitely benefiting from the new heat sink. The new lower coolant temps are all thanks to the JL fan.

Looking good! Hope the cooling mods go as planned.

Just based on our drive home, we saw BIG improvements. Should get the job done on the JKX too :yup:

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s great having resources like motech helping you work through issues like the access heat and coming up with ingenious solutions to them. It’s pretty damn cool too to have a test lab right outside your front door!!! Insane flex!

Good luck out there at JKX!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Brute

Hooked
Another great video...

I think poor Rusty has JT envy; while the new truck gets to go out to cool places, Rusty gets to bear the burden of transporting tires...at least Rusty has a name though...

Ddays

Hooked
I know someone that would take those ugly wheels off of your hands :brows:

Really looking forward to seeing the JKX threads!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cool video but where is the clip of you breaking down tire four and five? I’d like to see the blood sweat and tears involved so I know that I’m not the only one. Lol

Rst8rox

Moby is looking better than ever! I can’t wait to see what the JKX has instore for you guys. I hope you guys have a safe and exciting adventure!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any more noticeable heat soak coming up through the floor by the new cooler ?

Nope. All is good :)

It’s great having resources like motech helping you work through issues like the access heat and coming up with ingenious solutions to them. It’s pretty damn cool too to have a test lab right outside your front door!!! Insane flex!

Good luck out there at JKX!

We have one of the very first Motech kits out there and there's been a learning curve for sure. However, Robbie has been great to us and always ready to help out with new ideas and updates.

As far as our test lab goes, it's not as sophisticated as Metalcloak's CTI trailer but it gets the job done. :yup:

Another great video...

I think poor Rusty has JT envy; while the new truck gets to go out to cool places, Rusty gets to bear the burden of transporting tires...at least Rusty has a name though...

LOL - Rusty is our go to truck for anything we need to do around town like going to the hardware store or picking up tires :D

I vote for JeThro.

:cheesy:

that droop on Moby when you put it on the rack is crazy!

LOL - It really does take a long time of lifting before the tires finally come off the ground :crazyeyes:

I love seeing it all come together! Have fun and safe travels! [emoji1303]
Thank you :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully Motech upgrades their installs by incorporating your improvements!

Actually, they do :)

I like that winch. Now it's going to be a tough decision between that and the zeon

It's simple and old school but something that's affordable and works well. Super fast line speed too. :yup:

Would you be interested in getting rid of the warn power plant?

I am sorry but they're not made anymore and I'm sure we'll find a use for it again someday soon.

I know someone that would take those ugly wheels off of your hands :brows:

Really looking forward to seeing the JKX threads!

LOL!! They're 8-lug.

Hope you'll enjoy the videos to come :)

Cool video but where is the clip of you breaking down tire four and five? I’d like to see the blood sweat and tears involved so I know that I’m not the only one. Lol

LOL - we're trying to keep our videos family friendly. :crazyeyes: :D

Moby is looking better than ever! I can’t wait to see what the JKX has instore for you guys. I hope you guys have a safe and exciting adventure!!!

Thank you :)

Top Bottom