Recommend a build shop in TX?

tclinton

Hi, all -

I’m looking for recommendations for a builder in TX. The long story short is that I have a JKU in Mexico that I’d like to build up, but shipping parts and finding the right shop is pretty tough. So, I’ll drive it to the US to have the work done here.

This won’t be a luxury build - I’m not doing paint or interior leather, or building a show truck. I’m more or less making a pre-runner. So, it feels to me like a proper offload shop who knows JKs. Would you have a positive experience you could share?

I’m looking to:

- add a lift kit, coilovers, stops, etc.
- install front and rear bumpers (which will take some grinding), and skid plate
- install rock guards
- install a winch
- install a body-mounted tire carrier
- swap out fender flares for tube flares
- install wheel well inner liners
- install corner guards
- replace a light bar (will require a custom bar and custom wiring harness)
- swap wheels/tires
- upgrade brakes
- plus a little bit of interior work with mounts and such

I’m hoping to find someone who of course does great work, but is also brand-agnostic (I have a mix of providers in mind), and is particularly good at suspensions.

Does that sound like someone you’ve worked with who you might recommend?

Thanks very much -

nbunga

Caught the Bug
You can’t go wrong with Exodus Jeeps. He’s on the forum. He’s great to work with and won’t try to sell you shit you don’t need. Everyone on here who’s had work done there has nothing but good to say about his work.

https://exodusjeeps.com/

Give him a call, he’ll get you set up!

critter812

Hi, all -

I’m looking for recommendations for a builder in TX. The long story short is that I have a JKU in Mexico that I’d like to build up, but shipping parts and finding the right shop is pretty tough. So, I’ll drive it to the US to have the work done here.

This won’t be a luxury build - I’m not doing paint or interior leather, or building a show truck. I’m more or less making a pre-runner. So, it feels to me like a proper offload shop who knows JKs. Would you have a positive experience you could share?

I’m looking to:

- add a lift kit, coilovers, stops, etc.
- install front and rear bumpers (which will take some grinding), and skid plate
- install rock guards
- install a winch
- install a body-mounted tire carrier
- swap out fender flares for tube flares
- install wheel well inner liners
- install corner guards
- replace a light bar (will require a custom bar and custom wiring harness)
- swap wheels/tires
- upgrade brakes
- plus a little bit of interior work with mounts and such

I’m hoping to find someone who of course does great work, but is also brand-agnostic (I have a mix of providers in mind), and is particularly good at suspensions.

Does that sound like someone you’ve worked with who you might recommend?

Thanks very much -

Exodus Jeeps In New Braunfels TX. Best shop in TX and a forum supporter

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

I can help you out. I’ll be out of the office for the next week and a half, but if you go to my website and fill out the contact info we can get started with quoting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tclinton

Thanks for the Exodus leads and reach-out. Looks good. Will hit the webform and hopefully someday post pictures of a "post-runner," then.

Top Bottom