Hello from Massachusetts

BenfromMaine

Hello all. Just bought my first Jeep today. 2014 jku, anvil, 62k miles. Previous owner had done some modifications. I am looking forward to making it my own.

I have been submerged in the Jeep world online absorbing info for a few weeks. Super excited to be a part of this family.

I don’t see myself getting too technical but I do want a Jeep that has style and functionality. It won’t be my daily driver but I will be taking it up to Maine(about 3-4hr Drive) a few times a year so it’ll need to love on road almost as much as off.

I got a lot to learn. Fortunately I work with a mechanic and we have a garage. So I will be starting by getting under the Jeep and cleaning it up. Sand/paint any areas in need underneath. Try and figure out any other mods that previous owner may have done. I think it’s lifted 2”. I think the shocks have been upgraded. Definitely the head lights. I notice there’s a small amp looking thing between grill and radiator. I assume it’s for the headlights. When headlights are on I think it interferes with the radio reception. Kinda crazy. It’s actually even worse interference than plugging in an iPhone to charge.

Thoughts on my future build:
- I want a color match fastback for winter months. I have read up on this and am a little weary but I really love the look though. Currently researching camperking. One piece, colormatch painted and shipped for around $2,600. Not a lot reviews out there.
- I like the looks of the aluminum armor/bumpers with the anvil color. Any suggestions on brands for the raw aluminum look? Genrights build is what caught my eye.
- 17” wheels, 35” tires. Save the “stock” for winter?
- upgrade exhaust, prob axle back.
- .... tbd =)

Sorry if my opening post is bit more than a Jeep wave. I am just so damn excited to own a Jeep.

Open to any and all feedback and constructive criticism.

I don’t know anything about Jeeps but I do know food and landscaping. Any questions there, fire away!

Attachments

• ABAC01E1-B557-41CE-904D-4F2DF8AD747B.jpg
    ABAC01E1-B557-41CE-904D-4F2DF8AD747B.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 8535168C-34D7-4495-A325-D48F97853B27.jpg
    8535168C-34D7-4495-A325-D48F97853B27.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 61

Brute

Hooked
Awesome...your gonna love having a Jeep.

And there’s a guy here that loves sideways pics...keep them coming...

Top Bottom