Planning Death Valley Trip

picketpin

My family is treating me to a death valley adventure in November and we're planning on staying at the Ranch Hotel in Death Valley and trying to decide if it would be fun to have a jeep for day trips out of there. We're interested in seeing the primary attractions in Death Valley plus doing some day trips from the hotel area, some things like teakettle junction , Geologist cabin, or any other suggestions you might have. We also will need to rent a jeep , would love to drive the TJ there but its a long way from Montana.. Suggestions on renting a jeep at Death Valley vs renting in LA an driving there in it??

Thanks for any ideas tips suggestions you have!

James

rubiDave

Death Valley is a national park, so good luck renting a jeep there. Honestly I'd rather drive my own jeep from Montana than drive rental round trip from LA. Might be able to get a rental in Vegas, that's closer to Dearh Valley.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
Honestly we spent a bunch of time in Death Valley and the Jeep is nice but not 100% necessary . Mostly washboard roads .. worst is if you want to drive 25 miles on it to the racetrack . We didn’t do the technical trails north and west

IMG_8693.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

picketpin

Thanks for the good info, we are interested in spending one day doing some wheeling. Just looking for a trip that is not an overnighter as camping gear is going to be in Montana, and will provide some scenery and adventure with some moderately challenging of roading.

james

Zstairlessone

Thanks for the good info, we are interested in spending one day doing some wheeling. Just looking for a trip that is not an overnighter as camping gear is going to be in Montana, and will provide some scenery and adventure with some moderately challenging of roading.

james

There used to be a place to rent Jeeps out there, they had a bunch of JKs. Can’t help with the name, but someone here should know. It was right across the street from a big hotel/resort

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom