Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A good dealership story.....almost

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    In court (or arbitration since I'm sure the warranty contract has an arbitration provision mandating arbitration in a particular state), the dealer will have the burden of proving the aftermarket part(s) damaged the OEM part(s). That's great on the back end, but it doesn't do squat on the front end to get you a working vehicle.

If you go the lawyer route and have to take this all the way, you should probably plan on not having a Jeep for 8-14 months. You will also likely have to pay to hire experts to rebut Chrysler's position (that's in addition to paying your own lawyer.) Most lawyers don't front the cost of experts.

The speed of justice is a lot like a truck stop ketchup bottle, but it costs much more.
    Everything cost more at a truck stop because they know that we can't really stop anywhere else so they stick it to the truck driver

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I feel for you man. It's really irritating how dealerships will stick it to you.

I had an 05 Pathfinder that blew the tranny because the tranny coolant line passed through the rad and was eaten through. Nothing I did or could have done would have prevented this from happening - this was solely due to a design flaw. 5 months after they fixed it all under warranty - SURPRISE! - same exact thing happened except this time they would not cover it. Argued, threatened, talked to district manager, and gave up after two months of fighting. Like Sharkey said, be prepared for a long fight. I couldn't afford to be without the vehicle at that time so I traded it in and took a bath. Not much you can do sometimes. I'll never buy another Nissan but they don't give a shit.
    https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...build-of-Gruff

Gruff 2014 JKU Moneypit
    Badger 2019 JLUR waiting for scraps

I wouldn’t count on Chrysler fixing it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...old-air-intake!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    I wouldn’t count on Chrysler fixing it.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/...old-air-intake!

Kinda what I expect, but it is just plain wrong that some dude can look at engine pieces in the bottom of the oil pan, blame it on 35" tires and walk away. Dealership worked on the motor, engine seizes 6 or 7 miles later. Just coincidence?

[QUOTE=fiend;1158357]And the experts will cost more than paying out of pocket for a new engine. Possibly more than just buying a new car.

To the OP: be prepared to consider and accept some kind of compromise deal, where you pay out of pocket a portion of the cost of repairs. Almost every case settles with both sides making compromises.

Seems to be going this way. Turns out I had a extended SERVICE contract not an extended WARRANTY, so no obligation from the company Magnuson-Moss Act. But the company is going to refund me the cost of the service contract. Pro-rated of course...so there is $25 bucks in my pocket. Winning....

Customer Care called and said they can get me the "dealer price" on a new motor install ($7K) and that they will cover half, and I pay the other half.

Chaps my ass that I take it in for engine work, drive off the lot and the engine seizes and I get the "not our fault line" from the dealer. "Big tires caused a piston to shatter."

Waiting on call back from customer care and from a lawyer just to check on where I stand legally. But 3500 for a new motor is probably substantially cheaper than what the lawyer will want

With that offer, at least they are using some lube, instead of just forcing it in dry.

Will the new engine have a warranty?

Hooked
    That actually is a "fair" offer since you cannot demonstrate the earlier work caused the issue. Let's be clear, the dealership is happy to do the work (they get paid for this), it is the warranty company (whether FCA or other insurer) that is causing the problem. Sounds like the dealership did their best.
    2017 White JK : (build thread)
    Synergy 3"/2", Dynatrack Trail Leader Package
    Dynatrac Pro Grip Kit, PSC Big Bore Steering Kit
    MCE Fenders, 10th Anniversary Hood, Borla Climber Exhaust
    ATX Slabs, Nitto Trail Grappler 37's
    Shrock Works Front Middy, LoD Destroyer Rear
    Genright Sliders, Warn VR12-S ,

Oh yeah, and VENGEANCE.

$3500 for a new motor & install? I’d do it. Like Jerry mentioned... you need some kind of warranty on the new engine.

A good dealership story.....almost

Going from an end of life 98k engine to a brand new one for $3500 sounds like a pretty fair deal to me, especially since you can’t prove that the dealer caused the problem. At least you can’t prove it for $3500 or less.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Last edited by fiend; 08-26-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Sucks but is what it is. You’d spend that much to get a junkyard one and labor. Might as well have a NEW.

I do assume new. Not manufacturer rebuilt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast