Wheel question

So I pulled the center caps off the Fuel Hostage wheels on my JKU and noticed something for the first time. One wheel has a much smaller bore than the rest. Doing some research it appears I have 4 wheels with 5x5 and 5x5.5 bolt patterns and one with a 5x4.5 and 5x5. Hence one hub at 78mm vs 87mm. So is this going to hurt anything? I’m guessing no, as it’s been running this way for 2+ years without me noticing. Just more excuse to get different wheels.

Ddays

Hooked
So I pulled the center caps off the Fuel Hostage wheels on my JKU and noticed something for the first time. One wheel has a much smaller bore than the rest. Doing some research it appears I have 4 wheels with 5x5 and 5x5.5 bolt patterns and one with a 5x4.5 and 5x5. Hence one hub at 78mm vs 87mm. So is this going to hurt anything? I’m guessing no, as it’s been running this way for 2+ years without me noticing. Just more excuse to get different wheels.

Is the wheel with the 78mm center seated completely flush on the hub/rotor hat? If not, then yes, that's a problem.

Edit: My Chamber Pro's are 83.5mm center hubs and they're not hub centric so they do not sit on the wheel hub itself. I think the 78mm may be the correct opening size to sit on the hub fully.

Last edited:
It looks full seat. The extra lug openings show flush. I’d prefer hub centric, but it seems hard to find those. Once I drive the thing cross country, I’m gonna get new wheels.

Last edited:
Kinda what I figured. I took a thick piece of paper and was able to run it all the way around the bore so it’s fully seated with very little room. But seated.

I really prefer not running center caps and that extra set of lug holes needs to go. So yeah...new wheel time.

Top Bottom