Soft top replacement. Keep the frame?

jfdatlaw

I have a 2008 JKU. It's time to replace the soft top. I'm debating whether to just buy the skin or replace the frame also. The frame appears to be in good condition but after 11 years I would assume there isn't much left.

Is there a new style to consider? Should I save the money and try and keep the frame? Are the aftermarket tops as good as the OEM? It looks like there is a big cost difference.

Any guidance is appreciated.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
If the frame is not damaged, I’d replace the fabric. I did it on an ‘09 Jk. I used Bestop. It wasn’t that difficult and worked great. Bestop makes excellent tops, IMO. Their twill tops are especially nice. I haven’t used any other aftermarket tops.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jfdatlaw

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the twill but it looks like mud might stain that easier. Anybody had that issue? I don't mind being muddy but like to get clean when it's done.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks for the info. I was looking at the twill but it looks like mud might stain that easier. Anybody had that issue? I don't mind being muddy but like to get clean when it's done.

Just drug mine thru Drummond, not as bad as Ddays, but all the mud blasted right off with a power sprayers. The quality of the twill is top notch.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom