17’ White JKU build

Finally posting my build. Been trolling this forum for a while and have picked up a bunch of great info, so thanks to all that have shared good tips. Bought this JKU bone stock last December in Florida. Initially, just put new AppleTalk radio and backup camera and then drove it for a while.

IMG_0062.jpg

Moved to Colorado this summer and started the build. Design will be predominately white/black with a little bit of red trim. This Jeep is a DD so didn’t want to affect road capability too much. It will see light off-road use. First stage was to get lift, tires, and some design/personalization.

2.5” RE progressive coil lift (3” front/1.75” rear)
Bilstein 5100 shocks
Rancho steering stabilizer
285/75R17 Toyo Open Country tires
Grab handles/bars (red)
Diver down neoprene seat covers
Hooke Road nerf bars (for my kids to get in easier...total loss of clearance)
Some decals for hood and rocker panels
Xprite door handle covers (red)

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

After:
IMG_0376.jpg

Stage 2 will be bumpers (front/rear) and winch
Stage 3 might be to cut fenders as I have seen the diy videos posted and looks awesome.

I welcome any critique or suggestions. Right now I am trying to dial in my caster/pinion angle after the lift was installed. I’m sitting at 5.4/5.5 after tech elongated the LCA mounting bracket holes to correct the reduction in caster. It drives and feels pretty good but vibrates a bit more than I would like on wash board/bumpy roads. Anyone have this done and what are your thoughts on this technique? I ordered a Rancho geometry correction kit thinking I would need it to correct the reduction but it is just sitting in my garage now.

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Welcome from Detroit. Congrats on the Jeep! What would probably help dial you in the most would be a set of EVO control arms. Good luck!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom