Ever Wonder How Tires are Made?

Discount Tire

If you've ever been to a Discount Tire you may have asked, "How are tires, made?"

See the video below for the answer - enjoy and happy Friday, everyone!

For more information on other tire and wheel related topics, please visit our Tips & Guides Section.

nbunga

Caught the Bug
That’s pretty cool. I’ve been driving by the Goodrich plant nearby my whole life and even know quite a few people that work there and have never had a clue as to how they are made.

Discount Tire

That’s pretty cool. I’ve been driving by the Goodrich plant nearby my whole life and even know quite a few people that work there and have never had a clue as to how they are made.

I can understand that. A lot of the manufactures use proprietary ingredients and manufacturing processes for certain portions of the tire - such as the bead bundle.

Last edited:

JKbrick

I was lucky enough to see that first hand when I was on the fire department we would preplan there once a year and had a couple fires out there over my 16 years. It’s really interesting and very dirty out there

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

I would imagine it to be a dirty process as well.

For some reason we can't find a video on discount codes but we would be happy to explain them when we have a sale.

Thank you all for your comments.

SLO

Watching that and realizing that they have to have a different process (cutting widths) and different molds for each tire, it makes the prices we pay per tire seem really cheap.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I love seeing videos about how stuff is made, and I never cease to be amazed by how complex the manufacturing process. One question- are all of those drums and dies size specific? (So it’s all different machinery for different diameter tires?!?)

Discount Tire

I love seeing videos about how stuff is made, and I never cease to be amazed by how complex the manufacturing process. One question- are all of those drums and dies size specific? (So it’s all different machinery for different diameter tires?!?)

Great question - I'll see if I can gain clarity on this.

Educational video indeed . Now I know how my new Motivos were made [emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Haha!

Cool video, and thanks for making it easy to keep tires under my Jeeps for the last 11 years

Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you so much for your continued support - we greatly appreciate it!

That’s pretty wild. I understand why tires are so expensive now even if I don’t like it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd like to see a "how it's made" for truck tires next, particularity for the models that use the 3-ply high turn up sidewalls!

Last edited:
Top Bottom