Hi from Illinois

morricus

I ordered my JL Rubicon without any prior Jeep or even offroad experience. I bought the Rubicon thinking I might take it offroad once a year, and could leave it stock for that purpose. This was stupid, as I had a similar thought process with with my 2011 Evo X which ended up becoming a fully caged race-car that I raced in NASA TT3. I cannot leave well enough alone, which clearly many of you understand. I've since lifted and upgraded my Jeep more and more every month. And take it offroad more and more every month. I really like what I've seen so far in this forum, quite a few like-minded people. I look forward to becoming more active here, looks like a great place.

Attachments

• signal-2019-08-14-064712-1.jpg
    signal-2019-08-14-064712-1.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 60
  • signal-2019-08-14-064739.jpg
    signal-2019-08-14-064739.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 60

Primo82

Caught the Bug
I ordered my JL Rubicon without any prior Jeep or even offroad experience. I bought the Rubicon thinking I might take it offroad once a year, and could leave it stock for that purpose. This was stupid, as I had a similar thought process with with my 2011 Evo X which ended up becoming a fully caged race-car that I raced in NASA TT3. I cannot leave well enough alone, which clearly many of you understand. I've since lifted and upgraded my Jeep more and more every month. And take it offroad more and more every month. I really like what I've seen so far in this forum, quite a few like-minded people. I look forward to becoming more active here, looks like a great place.

Welcome and good looking Jeep!

morricus

Thanks everyone. Hope to see you Illinois people out on the trails. I despise being in IL, might as well make the most of it by using our Jeeps to the fullest. I have a house in South Haven MI as well, I'm going to try wheeling in MI as soon this upcoming weekend. I've never been wheeling in MI, if anyone has some suggetions on best places to go, I'd love to hear them.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks everyone. Hope to see you Illinois people out on the trails. I despise being in IL, might as well make the most of it by using our Jeeps to the fullest. I have a house in South Haven MI as well, I'm going to try wheeling in MI as soon this upcoming weekend. I've never been wheeling in MI, if anyone has some suggetions on best places to go, I'd love to hear them.

This weekend is going to be really busy at the ORV parks and the Dunes but if your willing to brave the crowds Bundy Hill south of Jackson and Silver Lake Sand Dunes are within a couple hours of your place in South Haven. A longer drive, would be Rocks and Valleys near Clare Michigan. There are quite a few state trails in Baldwin, Grayling, and St. Helen Mi. Beyond that is Drummond island that is really the best area, in my opinion, the state has to offer. Hope to see you on the trails.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

morricus

This weekend is going to be really busy at the ORV parks and the Dunes but if your willing to brave the crowds Bundy Hill south of Jackson and Silver Lake Sand Dunes are within a couple hours of your place in South Haven. A longer drive, would be Rocks and Valleys near Clare Michigan. There are quite a few state trails in Baldwin, Grayling, and St. Helen Mi. Beyond that is Drummond island that is really the best area, in my opinion, the state has to offer. Hope to see you on the trails.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

This is great info, much appreciated sir!

Top Bottom