Rubicon Trail Sept 20th-22nd

jmedgar

Hi guys,
I am planning on running the Rubicon September 20th-22nd. Plan is to drive down from Central Oregon Thursday night and camp and get started early Friday. I have never done the trail and currently don't have another vehicle to come along. I of course don't want to attempt it solo, so I am hoping to find some others that would like to join in on the fun. Anybody interested?

Thanks,
Josh

mallavoider

Hi Josh,

I did it last year and it was a blast. I’m waiting for my calendar to get finalized for Sept, but otherwise very interested in joining you. How many people in your party? How many night are you planning to camp on the trail?
Thanks
Filippo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmedgar

Hi Josh,

I did it last year and it was a blast. I’m waiting for my calendar to get finalized for Sept, but otherwise very interested in joining you. How many people in your party? How many night are you planning to camp on the trail?
Thanks
Filippo

So far it is just a friend riding along and myself. Was thinking of camping Friday and Saturday on the trail but can be flexible for sure. Hope you can make it happen!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I could run it end of October... Assuming it hasn't been covered in snow already.. Of course it'll be COLD..

SLO

Hi guys,
I am planning on running the Rubicon September 20th-22nd. Plan is to drive down from Central Oregon Thursday night and camp and get started early Friday. I have never done the trail and currently don't have another vehicle to come along. I of course don't want to attempt it solo, so I am hoping to find some others that would like to join in on the fun. Anybody interested?

Thanks,
Josh

Josh, I may be open to it. I was supposed to be going with a group of friends from Portland next week but my Jeep is still in Vegas troubleshooting LS issues. Another buddy of mine is closing on his house on the 13th and was thinking about bailing and going later in September so that could work perfect. We have done the Rubicon multiple times.

I actually have to go through Sunriver/Bend on the way home too.

We usually camp at Loon Lake the first night (Thursday night) and start Friday morning like you said. Then, we will camp two nights on the trail and be out by Sunday afternoon.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Definitely easier for me. I’m more open at the end of October. Plus the bears are slipping already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd maybe be down for an October trip as well if it ends up working out weather wise.

Cool.. We'll keep an eye on conditions.
If I can do it, it'll be say the 28th & 29th wheeling.. I may be able to push it back a day or 2 depending.
As I mentioned earlier it'll likely be Very cold at night even if daytime temps are good.

jmedgar

Josh, I may be open to it. I was supposed to be going with a group of friends from Portland next week but my Jeep is still in Vegas troubleshooting LS issues. Another buddy of mine is closing on his house on the 13th and was thinking about bailing and going later in September so that could work perfect. We have done the Rubicon multiple times.

I actually have to go through Sunriver/Bend on the way home too.

We usually camp at Loon Lake the first night (Thursday night) and start Friday morning like you said. Then, we will camp two nights on the trail and be out by Sunday afternoon.

Sounds great if you can make it happen! Let me know for sure.

jesse3638

Hooked
Cool.. We'll keep an eye on conditions.
If I can do it, it'll be say the 28th & 29th wheeling.. I may be able to push it back a day or 2 depending.
As I mentioned earlier it'll likely be Very cold at night even if daytime temps are good.

That would be really cold considering when I ran in in late July 3 years ago it was 34-36* on the drive from SLT to the trail head at 6am.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmedgar

Anyone still interested in the September 20th-22nd dates? I'd love to have another vehicle along as well as meet some new people.

jmedgar

Anyone from the area know the snow conditions? Ski resort webcams look like it has melted off mostly? Just trying to save the drive if there is too much snow.

Thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Anyone from the area know the snow conditions? Ski resort webcams look like it has melted off mostly? Just trying to save the drive if there is too much snow.

Thanks!

I doubt there is any. It’s a lot lower than the ski resorts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

jmedgar

First time through the Rubicon lived up to all my expectations and then some. No dust, dry rock, and the weather was in the 50s.

Can’t thank this forum and its members enough for all the information that helped me get my Jeep to a point that made the trail such a fun experience.

IMG_1891.jpg IMG_1890.jpg IMG_1871.jpg

Top Bottom