What’s all needed for the 60 swap

I’m starting to source my parts an get my list together to start my shopping for my axle swap and I want to know what all I need. I’m sure there is a thread for it somewhere so if someone could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

I’m moving to either the Prorock 60 or the Fusion 60...
I know I’ll need to do the driveshaft yokes, new wheel bolt pattern, steering components, what am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Exodus 4x4

I’m starting to source my parts an get my list together to start my shopping for my axle swap and I want to know what all I need. I’m sure there is a thread for it somewhere so if someone could point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it.

I’m moving to either the Prorock 60 or the Fusion 60...
I know I’ll need to do the driveshaft yokes, new wheel bolt pattern, steering components, what am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

V8

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
V8

I've seen you brought up enough to know you know your shit. Is an engine upgrade necessary to roll D60's or more of a quality of life thing for a DD/weekend warrior rig? I don't need to get anywhere fast, I have other toys for that.

I'm also trying to figure out which way I take my rig. I was initially thinking D44 upgrade in front to roll 37s, but looking at the price difference and the capability gains I'm REALLY leaning towards going D60 front and rear.

Finishing a garage addition right now, then will redirect funds to the jeep upgrade hopefully starting in Dec. And I don't think I'll make any major component upgrades physically to the Jeep until I have a few 10's of thousands of miles on the odometer and burn through a little more of the warranty period. I hate to void ALL of the Chrysler warranties in case there is an issue. But I plan to start buying the upgrades and parking them in the garage.

Anyways, just stating what my plan is. Would love your feedback, cheers.

A.J.

Adjustable control arms/adjustable track bars/brake booster/master cylinder/wheels and tires. Possibly brake lines depending on what you currently have and maybe parking brake cables.

FWIW I just did the Fusion 60/60’s so if you end up going that route I can help you out with control arm lengths and such.

Brute

Hooked
I've seen you brought up enough to know you know your shit. Is an engine upgrade necessary to roll D60's or more of a quality of life thing for a DD/weekend warrior rig? I don't need to get anywhere fast, I have other toys for that.

I'm also trying to figure out which way I take my rig. I was initially thinking D44 upgrade in front to roll 37s, but looking at the price difference and the capability gains I'm REALLY leaning towards going D60 front and rear.

Finishing a garage addition right now, then will redirect funds to the jeep upgrade hopefully starting in Dec. And I don't think I'll make any major component upgrades physically to the Jeep until I have a few 10's of thousands of miles on the odometer and burn through a little more of the warranty period. I hate to void ALL of the Chrysler warranties in case there is an issue. But I plan to start buying the upgrades and parking them in the garage.

It's not completely necessary...but if you can spare the coin...and it's not about going fast...it's about torque; adding 60's, rolling 40" tires, ram assist...you're adding quite a bit more weight and more inertia to overcome.

Exodus 4x4

Brute covered it. It’s not necessary but man it’s nice. Sometimes the V8 can be a hinderance as well. I noticed on the JKX that the other V8’s (5 total) we’re having heating issues. I wasn’t, but that’s because I have spent some time making sure the fan is programmed correctly as well as a few other changes. I’m not sure how Moby did with the heat.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Adjustable control arms/adjustable track bars/brake booster/master cylinder/wheels and tires. Possibly brake lines depending on what you currently have and maybe parking brake cables.

FWIW I just did the Fusion 60/60’s so if you end up going that route I can help you out with control arm lengths and such.

Love to hear your input. Doing Fusion 60/60 shortly.

TheGrendel

Fusion is also doing SD 60s and 14 bolt rears with new tubes spec’d to width and shaved. Something to think about.

Fury22

I was in the same boat and talked myself up from just doing front 44 to doing pro rock 60s front and rear. Best decision ever, if you can swing it I would highly recommend it. Its nice wheeling not having to worry about your axles all the time:rock:

A.J.

Love to hear your input. Doing Fusion 60/60 shortly.

You won't be disappointed. Super beefy. King pins are awesome. The steering is super strong and solid aluminum really does flex and return to straight. I test this thoroughly at Tillamook and a could times on Rubicon and Fordyce. Bracket for hydro assist is up and out of harms way. One ton brakes are awesome!! Stops amazing! You will want the Mopar upgraded booster/master cylinder. You can re route the parking brake cables but the extended length ones work better in my opinion. You will need adjustable track bars front and rear. Synergy clears everything as far as that goes. You will need to lengthen lower control arms quite a bit. Uppers will end up at stock length assuming you are staying short arms as I did. If your doing long arms you'll have to figure it out. Oh! And you will need some big ass sockets and wrenches for steering if you don't already have them. All in all I think it's a very solid reliable strong package. The paint sucks. Paint them again before you install them. Oil pan/trans skid plates will need some clearance depending on what you have currently. It's a tight fit under there. They are HEAVY. You will need a strong helper and a working knowledge of basic physics to install. Think that pretty well sums it up. Any specific questions feel free to ask!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
You won't be disappointed. Super beefy. King pins are awesome. The steering is super strong and solid aluminum really does flex and return to straight. I test this thoroughly at Tillamook and a could times on Rubicon and Fordyce. Bracket for hydro assist is up and out of harms way. One ton brakes are awesome!! Stops amazing! You will want the Mopar upgraded booster/master cylinder. You can re route the parking brake cables but the extended length ones work better in my opinion. You will need adjustable track bars front and rear. Synergy clears everything as far as that goes. You will need to lengthen lower control arms quite a bit. Uppers will end up at stock length assuming you are staying short arms as I did. If your doing long arms you'll have to figure it out. Oh! And you will need some big ass sockets and wrenches for steering if you don't already have them. All in all I think it's a very solid reliable strong package. The paint sucks. Paint them again before you install them. Oil pan/trans skid plates will need some clearance depending on what you have currently. It's a tight fit under there. They are HEAVY. You will need a strong helper and a working knowledge of basic physics to install. Think that pretty well sums it up. Any specific questions feel free to ask!

My synergy track bar still rubs right at the top of the diff cover. Just enough to rub paint off. I haven’t figured out a solution to that one.

Speaking of track bars, the track bar mount on the frame likes to clip the front spring mount, so a little bit of trimming is needed there to get full flex.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

A.J.

My synergy track bar still rubs right at the top of the diff cover. Just enough to rub paint off. I haven’t figured out a solution to that one.

Speaking of track bars, the track bar mount on the frame likes to clip the front spring mount, so a little bit of trimming is needed there to get full flex.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Mine is in the top hole of the bracket and does not hit the diff cover with 3" bump stops.

Doh! Forgot about the corner of the driver side spring perch. Just a little off the front inside corner and all is well. Thanks for the reminder!

Top Bottom