Jeep Handling Issues

itsrobbyjames

For the past month or so my Jeep has had a hard pull to the right. I have changed out all steering components (track bar, drag link and tie) also installed new ball joints to hopefully correct the issue but unfortunately this did not solve my problem. Put the Jeep on the alignment rack (I’ll attach the number below). Hopefully someone can help me out! IMG_1441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks like your rear thrust angle is out. Do you have rear adjustable control arms installed? They could be causing you to crab walk to driver side making you think it’s pulling right.

itsrobbyjames

Looks like your rear thrust angle is out. Do you have rear adjustable control arms installed? They could be causing you to crab walk to driver side making you think it’s pulling right.

Yeah I have RAC, fairly new to the Jeeping community. What would be the best approach to correcting the thrust angle?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah I have RAC, fairly new to the Jeeping community. What would be the best approach to correcting the thrust angle?

You have to make sure that they are the same length eye to eye. If not they your thrust angle will be off causing the rear end to drift one way or the other while driving straight. This will make you think the front is pulling to the right or left.

It’s the same concept as a car with IRS. If the toe is out in the rear then it will pull and also throw your front adjustments off.

Always adjust suspension components from the rear first then the front

itsrobbyjames

You have to make sure that they are the same length eye to eye. If not they your thrust angle will be off causing the rear end to drift one way or the other while driving straight. This will make you think the front is pulling to the right or left.

It’s the same concept as a car with IRS. If the toe is out in the rear then it will pull and also throw your front adjustments off.

Always adjust suspension components from the rear first then the front

Thanks, do you notice anything else to be out of the ordinary from my alignment specs? Probably going to work on the Jeep this evening so might as well take care of anything else.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks, do you notice anything else to be out of the ordinary from my alignment specs? Probably going to work on the Jeep this evening so might as well take care of anything else.

I mean you don’t give much info besides what you replaced and your alignment specs. Not sure what you have all installed etc

itsrobbyjames

I mean you don’t give much info besides what you replaced and your alignment specs. Not sure what you have all installed etc

Build specs:

Metalcloak 3.5 Game Changer lift w/ 6pak shocks (all control arms and steering components are adjustable)
Running Currie antirock in the front
Danna ultimate 44 front axle w/ chromoly axles
The only thing I’ve done to try and correct the issue besides replacing steering components is installing an offset upper ball joint on the passenger. This has a -1.5 camber adjustment. Camber from my original specs was around 1.7 before correction. Hope that’s enough information.

G-mansjk

I'd suspect your track bars with your trust angles... throw a tapemeasure to the frame with a plumb Bob to the rotors making sure the rotors are tight with bolts or holding it by hand, on both axles and see witch one is off then look for bent mounts but you most likely need to get a adjustable track bar or center track bars if you have them already

That's right I'm a window licker, I can't spell, my grammar sucks!!!!

G-mansjk

Your camber on the passenger side is out also so if you have adjustable control arms I'd check them also or check bushings and maybe get adjustable control arms Haha

G-mansjk

Just realized it's camber most likely ball joints Haha meant caster earlier... dang it Jack stop messing with my words.!!

Top Bottom