Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ROOF TOP TENT : What Should We Get?

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Roam Adventure Vagabond is on my radar. Gets solid reviews and doesn’t break the bank. You could get one and let me know if it sucks or not. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Now you talking

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

If length is an issue due to the height of the rack, why not use some spacers to raise the rtt above the cab level...since most clamshells are half as thick as soft one, your end height would be about the same ...

Didn’t the EVO JT have an RTT? Why not just go with that model?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsag View Post
    I just updated my previous post, but you’ll start out around 10-15 mins for setup and take down. You’ll get better rapidly. By the end of that trip I could set that tent up in pitch black wilderness with a phone light by myself in under 5 minutes. It’s so easy once you get the choreography figured out.
    Okay, 5 minutes I can deal with. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    A few years ago I was dead set on a RTT and Tepui was my choice. My main reason for them over others is that they are local to me in Santa Cruz. If I were to have any problems I could just drive over and have them take a look.

During a demonstration they had it folded up ready to roll in minutes. Obviously that would take me 10x longer till I got the hang of things. But it looked simple enough. They had me and my wife set one up and break it down also part of the demo. Super simple.
    I do like that Tepui is a part of Thule. I will have to give them a harder look. They are pricey though.

Roam Adventure Vagabond is on my radar. Gets solid reviews and doesn’t break the bank. You could get one and let me know if it sucks or not. Lol
    Price is right but I didn't even know where to start looking for reviews. That being said, if it's what you'd been looking at, I may have to too

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    If length is an issue due to the height of the rack, why not use some spacers to raise the rtt above the cab level...since most clamshells are half as thick as soft one, your end height would be about the same ...
    nah, Mel is making a rack that will get the job done. I just wanted to have things sit a bit lower. But, if the clam shell thing really is that much better, I may reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Didn’t the EVO JT have an RTT? Why not just go with that model?
    Because EVO was just given it to them. They've never even used it other than for a photo shoot. I'd rather buy something based on what others have actually used and can speak from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    nah, Mel is making a rack that will get the job done. I just wanted to have things sit a bit lower. But, if the clam shell thing really is that much better, I may reconsider.

Because EVO was just given it to them. They've never even used it other than for a photo shoot. I'd rather buy something based on what others have actually used and can speak from personal experience.
    I think they actually have the roam adventure.

RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

I think you’re right

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I think you’re right

It would appear so. IMG_2808.jpg

Mel never slept in it?

I just picked up a Tepui RTT a few days ago. I have to say the quality is great. Especially that I’m actually the third owner of this tent and it’s about six years old. I bought it from a friend that I know used it a lot. The only issue I found on it is normal wear and tear things. One of the straps for cinching it down when folded, the Velcro is wearing out($6 bucks to replace) and the travel cover is starting to show its age. Outside of that the tent is in amazing shape. I’ll be sleeping in it this weekend so I’ll know more the. After setting it up a few times. I have it down to just under five minutes and closing it back up under ten.

Take what you can! Give nothing back!

tent

I bought a smittybuilt 4 years ago... on the tread lightly auction for 400 bucks. I think they go for closer to 700?

It has been in snow, rain, wind, hail... never leaked. Never got wet at all! Memory foam is comfy. Used it probable in the area of twenty times... couple nights each time.

I have looked at a few of the other brands up close... and several are identical to the smittybuilt. Same frame, same shape, same seams, same vents, same rainfly, same cushion. I have feeling these are all built at the same place and have a patch sewed on... (also in the same place on many).

It has the add on tent under as well for dressing or storage...but is sold separate.

But I don't buy most of the stuff they sell... but 400 was too cheap. But I expect it to last another 10 years... I mean it is still like new.
    God's area code is 406!
    PastorJohnMontana

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast