Alloy or Steel wheels?

Redskin0811

I’m looking to upgrade my wheels when I get my lift put on my JKU. The issue is Alloy wheels are almost $100.00 more compared to Steel Wheels. What are the benefits of each and why shouldn’t I by each?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

morricus

I’m looking to upgrade my wheels when I get my lift put on my JKU. The issue is Alloy wheels are almost $100.00 more compared to Steel Wheels. What are the benefits of each and why shouldn’t I by each?

I assume you mean $100 total, not per wheel? I got my Pro Comp 69 series 17x9 alloy wheels for $88 shipped, per wheel. When I saw that price, I didn't bother looking at steel. Steel is stronger, but heavier. I'd be lying if I had any experience with steel though. I just was willing to trade absolute strength for weight savings, espiecally at the price I got them for.

Redskin0811

I assume you mean $100 total, not per wheel? I got my Pro Comp 69 series 17x9 alloy wheels for $88 shipped, per wheel. When I saw that price, I didn't bother looking at steel. Steel is stronger, but heavier. I'd be lying if I had any experience with steel though. I just was willing to trade absolute strength for weight savings, espiecally at the price I got them for.

Thank you so much for the tip! I’ve looked everywhere still haven’t found them for alloy the search must go on!!

makau

Alloy wheels decrease unsprung weight and therefore transmit less inertia to the springs, thus allowing the suspension to follow the terrain more easily, thereby providing better grip. In addition, handling, steering and cornering see a marked improvement
-----------------------------------------

Towing expert, Panama

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Alloy wheels decrease unsprung weight and therefore transmit less inertia to the springs, thus allowing the suspension to follow the terrain more easily, thereby providing better grip. In addition, handling, steering and cornering see a marked improvement
-----------------------------------------

Towing expert, Panama

Beat it, pizza boy.

Last edited:

buenavides1

Alloy wheels offer performance advantages over steel wheels, as they are often several pounds lighter per wheel. Less weight means quicker acceleration and stopping. Less weight also means less strain on suspension components.

Top Bottom