Debating on upgrading...

robx251

Caught the Bug
I currently have my 2016 JKR stick with 76k on it and looking at getting a 2019 JLR with the 3.6 and 8spd. Both will have soft tops as I don't fit in the hard top.... looking at getting the new one due to milage but mainly getting the auto so the wife can drive it. She can't/ won't drive a standard.

Thoughts guys, fyi a new wife is not an option. [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

Sometimes the saying is true.....
“Happy wife, happy life!”

Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Will she actually drive the new one? Why would she just stop driving her current vehicle if you get a new Jeep. Sounds like the Jeep is yours and you’ll end up driving it anyway.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Will she actually drive the new one? Why would she just stop driving her current vehicle if you get a new Jeep. Sounds like the Jeep is yours and you’ll end up driving it anyway.
She will continue to drive her renegade, bout it would be nice for her to be able to drive some on the wheeling trips and if we go out on a trip she can drive a little if I get tired.

It would be a convenience for me and hopefully very more involved on tail rides.

bmkrinne

I read this differently, that the wife can’t drive the manual but wants to be part of it, so he’s looking to appease the wife so she will partake in the Jeep life.

I just went through the same shit amd have a better healthier marriage because of it.

Meh.
I’ve had both. A six speed and an auto JK.

We bought our last JK with that same mindset of it being more appealing to her if she ever wanted to drive it off road. She’s driven off road exactly zero times. lol

If the manual wasn’t such a piece of junk I’d want one in a JT or JL.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sounds like if you get a new one you’ll be driving the renegade. Hope you’re good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Meh.
I’ve had both. A six speed and an auto JK.

We bought our last JK with that same mindset of it being more appealing to her if she ever wanted to drive it off road. She’s driven off road exactly zero times. lol

If the manual wasn’t such a piece of junk I’d want one in a JT or JL.

And how many miles have you drove it this year ???

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I have a manual so nobody else drives it if we are being honest. And I have a great marriage too, she drives the stick just fine [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Shadow's_Jeep

Caught the Bug
Just went through the same thing with my wife. She wanted a 2 door Wrangler. So we traded in her 16 Renegade for a 19 JL Wrangler SPORT with 3.6 V6 and 8 Speed.

His: 2009 JKU Flame Red.
Her's: 2019 JL Bikini Pearl.

robx251

Caught the Bug
After looking it over, we decided thai out wasn't worth upgrading to the JL yet. I'm going keep my JK.

Some photos of me in my jeep at Rocky mountain terrain park. This is where the ultimate adventure started last year. 20190522_142445.jpg 20190522_142656.jpg

Top Bottom