Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing plugs/Wires on 2007 3.8l

Fresh Catch

Changing plugs/Wires on 2007 3.8l

Was it worth the agony? Yes. Rig runs amazing now! Gaps were all off and set for a 3.6l previous. Did anyone on YouTube tell the audience that routing the plug wires on the 1,3,5 bank would actually bring you to tears as a grown man? No.

You can change the coil pack, 2,4,6 bank, re wire and have a wonderful Margarita or two in about 30 minutes, including salting in the rim.

The remaining 2 hours will be spent fishing 1,3,5 wires through the mass of CF’edness behind the motor to get back to the coil pack. Forget about getting #5 plug out.. took 5 minutes and everyone bitches about it. Swivel extension? Anyone? No one says a word about getting the wires back to the coil. That’s the TRUE FUN!

I know some of you know what I’m talking about... and no, I didn’t take pics or vid because ‘swear words’.

Should've saved yourself some grief and followed the write-up that's on here. You would've known about all that shit and how to get it done easier.

--
    Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
    Build Thread: The Adventures of Fiona
    '08 JKR Rescue Green 2-Door

There is a write up on this in the forum. And yeah there's a string trick to fish the plug wires through the mess.

Overall when I changed mine it wasn't to much of a hassle either. I just replaced the plastic tray along with the plugs and wires.

Agreed, the write ups on this forum are better than what you will find on you tube for any maintenance issuea

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Tape the new plug wires to the old one and pull it thru.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    Should've saved yourself some grief and followed the write-up that's on here. You would've known about all that shit and how to get it done easier.
    LOL! True.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=7347

No more YouTube...

just got done doing this but this time I just pulled the old wires out and using a step ladder and getting a bird's eye view i was able to fish the new wires thru by hand no issues.

I have removable inner fenders that make swapping out plugs on the passenger side easy

The wires on the passenger side are a pain. I made it simple by running the 3 wires from the coil pack over the top of'
    the engine and not going behind the block. Wrapped the wires in the hard plastic spring like insulator to prevent electric
    arcing. Never a problem and its been 40k miles. Keep things simple.

Knows a Thing or Two monstrousmac's Avatar
    go through the wheel well on the passenger side, so much easier reaching the back spark plug on passenger side, then tape the two ends of the spark plug wires together and pull through.

Fresh Catch
    I'm due for plugs. Thanks for bringing up the write-up! Should save me some time and four letter words.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast