14 Bolt and Dana 60

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Changing my plans so these are going up for sale. Local pickup only.

IMG_6262.jpg IMG_6261.jpg IMG_6263.jpg IMG_6264.jpg

14 Bolt out of a 2005 Chevy 2500HD. Axle is built to bolt into a JK. Brackets are tacked in place and need to be final welded after mock-up in the vehicle. Truss is fully welded out as there is no suspension mounting point integral to it. Built with 8 degrees pinion angle ideal for around 4” lift. Here are all the details $3200

Artec 14 bolt swap kit
Ballistic Fab 14 bolt shave
ARB Locker
5:38 Yukon gears
Hubs machined and 52 tooth tone rings pressed on to match Jk
Modified to accept wheel speed sensors
All new bearings and seals
Brand new e-brake pads and linkage
Artec pinion guard included
Wheel studs swapped to 9/16-18
1350 Yoke

I might be missing some things but please ask if you have any questions. Most of the build of this is on my build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Kirkwood1

I seen these on CL last week. I’m thinking about doing this same build. Would you do it again or Is that why you changed plans?

Plus how hard was this build?

Thanks!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I seen these on CL last week. I’m thinking about doing this same build. Would you do it again or Is that why you changed plans?

Plus how hard was this build?

Thanks!

I would do it again and likely will in the future. We’ve kind of shifted gears now that we have two little ones. Putting our focus to paying off our mortgage and then getting out of CA. And I’m now being honest with myself that my Jeep is built more than enough for what we use it for these days. Plans were gonna be 40’s, long arms, etc. Just decided to put all that money towards the house instead of slinging axles under the Jeep. Eventually I’ll do it just not right now.

As for the build, it’s not really hard. Doing the shave was no fun. It’s a shit ton of cutting and grinding. Having the lathe to machine the hubs was nice too. I posted most things I did on my build thread if you’re interested. Let me know if you have any questions, I’d be happy to share.

Brute

Hooked
Not to mention finding time to fish...and eventually teaching the keiki’s how to fish...

Kirkwood1

Thanks so much! I’ll check out the thread. I’ve been looking into just putting a rubicon front axle so then I can get rid of the d30. But why go to a 44 when I can just go 60s hahaha just trying to weigh options out. The grinding and cutting don’t scare me so much as the gears.. I’m a welder by trade so the fab should be a breeze. Gears on the other hand... I’m not so educated in hahaha

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks so much! I’ll check out the thread. I’ve been looking into just putting a rubicon front axle so then I can get rid of the d30. But why go to a 44 when I can just go 60s hahaha just trying to weigh options out. The grinding and cutting don’t scare me so much as the gears.. I’m a welder by trade so the fab should be a breeze. Gears on the other hand... I’m not so educated in hahaha

Baboozle posted a pretty detailed thread a few months ago about using a set of ford axles. He had a Sterling in the rear rather than a 14 bolt, which required a different gas tank, but the thread will give you some idea of the work and cost involved in such a project.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Or you could buy one already built....I know a guy who has one. Lol. But yeah I know what you mean. Only one way to learn though. The 14 bolt gears are pretty easy to setup though.

Kirkwood1

Baboozle posted a pretty detailed thread a few months ago about using a set of ford axles. He had a Sterling in the rear rather than a 14 bolt, which required a different gas tank, but the thread will give you some idea of the work and cost involved in such a project.

I’ve seen people use the sterling and I have access to one but I didn’t want to go that far and buy or build a new tank. I’ve heard of people just smashing the corner of their stock tank in or if it’s lifted high enough it clears but sounds like more than I want to spend.

I’ll have to look up baboozle thread. I honestly haven’t looked up any threads yet. I’ll be on tonight searching though.

Kirkwood1

Or you could buy one already built....I know a guy who has one. Lol. But yeah I know what you mean. Only one way to learn though. The 14 bolt gears are pretty easy to setup though.

I showed the boss your post I even said you did all the hard work already! She wasn’t having it. Wants me to “slowly” build it up..

Don’t be surprised when I message you asking for help hahaha!

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Changing my plans so these are going up for sale. Local pickup only.

View attachment 333844 View attachment 333843 View attachment 333845 View attachment 333846

14 Bolt out of a 2005 Chevy 2500HD. Axle is built to bolt into a JK. Brackets are tacked in place and need to be final welded after mock-up in the vehicle. Truss is fully welded out as there is no suspension mounting point integral to it. Built with 8 degrees pinion angle ideal for around 4” lift. Here are all the details $3200

Artec 14 bolt swap kit
Ballistic Fab 14 bolt shave
ARB Locker
5:38 Yukon gears
Hubs machined and 52 tooth tone rings pressed on to match Jk
Modified to accept wheel speed sensors
All new bearings and seals
Brand new e-brake pads and linkage
Artec pinion guard included
Wheel studs swapped to 9/16-18
1350 Yoke

I might be missing some things but please ask if you have any questions. Most of the build of this is on my build thread.

Price drop to $3200. If it doesn’t go, I’ll just be hanging on to it. Let me know if you’re interested.

Top Bottom