Falken tires

robx251

Caught the Bug
Well it's that time again, looking at tires. What are the opinions and experiences with Falken wild peak at3w? Found a source for 200 each for 37s and 170 each for 35s

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bhaner

I ran the AT3W on my 2016 Ram 3500. They were a great tire! They did well in the snow and were very quiet on the highway.

Towing and hauling heavy they didn't seem to wear fast either. They had a great weight rating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They seem to be a decent tire and they are quite. I will say that I've had the misfortune of running over some kind of wood in the highway and a splinter made its way into it enough to cause a leak. Won't say that wouldn't have happened with any other tire but it is a first for me and thought I should share as much.

Ddays

Hooked
They seem to be a decent tire and they are quite. I will say that I've had the misfortune of running over some kind of wood in the highway and a splinter made its way into it enough to cause a leak. Won't say that wouldn't have happened with any other tire but it is a first for me and thought I should share as much.

Did that just happen to you Gladiator?!

Falken was a curious choice (to me at least) for the tire on the Rubicon Gladiators. I really don't know much about the brand or this particular tire, but was surprised that it wasn't Goodyear or Bridgestone.

Clutch

Caught the Bug

Falken was a curious choice (to me at least) for the tire on the Rubicon Gladiators. I really don't know much about the brand or this particular tire, but was surprised that it wasn't Goodyear or Bridgestone.

I bet Falken’s Christmas party will be a bit more lavish this year.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yep, long drive down to Vegas and late at night. The highway was super dark and out of now where, there was looked like some construction debris. Being that I was doing close to 80, I didn't have a chance to avoid it and and ran over it square. Didn't seen too bad at the time but the following morning, my TPMS showed that my passenger rear tire was pretty low. At first, I thought I picked up a nail but couldn't find one. I just kept adding air to the tire and decided to fix it once we got back home. At home, I had to pull the wheel and use soapy water to find the culprit and even at that, it was tough. When I finally found the leak, I noticed there was a small wooden splinter sticking out of the tread. Personally, I feel like I've driven over worse with other tires and without any issue but it's hard to say for sure how they would have done here.

The Falken tire thing on the Gladiator really left me scratching my head too.

Exodus 4x4

Yep, long drive down to Vegas and late at night. The highway was super dark and out of now where, there was looked like some construction debris. Being that I was doing close to 80, I didn't have a chance to avoid it and and ran over it square. Didn't seen too bad at the time but the following morning, my TPMS showed that my passenger rear tire was pretty low. At first, I thought I picked up a nail but couldn't find one. I just kept adding air to the tire and decided to fix it once we got back home. At home, I had to pull the wheel and use soapy water to find the culprit and even at that, it was tough. When I finally found the leak, I noticed there was a small wooden splinter sticking out of the tread. Personally, I feel like I've driven over worse with other tires and without any issue but it's hard to say for sure how they would have done here.

The Falken tire thing on the Gladiator really left me scratching my head too.

It’s all about low bids and golf course handshakes. Once upon a time I was involved in an industry where I saw it happen all the time. More often than not, the best products are knowingly NOT chosen.

Ddays

Hooked
It’s all about low bids and golf course handshakes. Once upon a time I was involved in an industry where I saw it happen all the time. More often than not, the best products are knowingly NOT chosen.

I see this every day in my industry as well. Bean-counters and analytics run every publicly owned company now. It's all about the shareholders return. :grayno:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I’ve had them on my JKUR for 20k miles with no worries. They are a good compromise tire and replaced a set of Nitto Trail Graps that I loved on the trail but were scary in the snow and got pretty noisy after about 25k miles. An unexpected plus with the Falken’s was about a 3-4mpg increase in fuel economy and way less expensive to buy. They are definitely not a hardcore tire and I suspect Eddie’s take on their puncture resistance may be true. Putting the spare on the rear mount I can tell they are definitely lighter weight than the Nittos. :twocents:

Top Bottom