Exodus aluminum tie rod flexing

desertrunner

Just wanted to give a plug for the Exodus aluminum tie rod. It proved it's worth for me this weekend as I slid off of my intended line and landed the tie rod right on a rock. The tie rod flexed a ton and returned straight once I cleared the rock. Drove it home 70mph with 0 issues. Money well spent! Vid and pic attached

https://youtu.be/1uzHh4cfb_0 VideoCapture_20190831-163901.jpeg VideoCapture_20190831-145800.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Just wanted to give a plug for the Exodus aluminum tie rod. It proved it's worth for me this weekend as I slid off of my intended line and landed the tie rod right on a rock. The tie rod flexed a ton and returned straight once I cleared the rock. Drove it home 70mph with 0 issues. Money well spent! Vid and pic attached

https://youtu.be/1uzHh4cfb_0 View attachment 333938 View attachment 333939

Awesome shot, and thanks for the plug!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bubba. Any concerns with metal fatigue and the possibility of these snapping or cracking? I know steel is susceptible to it as well. But the thought of a soda can comes to mind.

Anyhoo...I have both drag link and tie rods from Exodus they definitely are beefy.

Exodus 4x4

Bubba. Any concerns with metal fatigue and the possibility of these snapping or cracking? I know steel is susceptible to it as well. But the thought of a soda can comes to mind.

Anyhoo...I have both drag link and tie rods from Exodus they definitely are beefy.

Not with 7075. A different aluminum alloy maybe but not this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked

Thought of a shock body comes to mind?...

CalSgt

Hooked

https://youtu.be/1uzHh4cfb_0

The color commentary in the video is great... I literally laughed out loud at the end when the woman yell "F#$% Yes!"

desertrunner

The color commentary in the video is great... I literally laughed out loud at the end when the woman yell "F#$% Yes!"
Haha yeah my buddy who was filming had never been wheeling before so he was laughing at everything and labor day weekend in Montana brings out a lot of the redneck crowd, prime example of the lady at the end yelling. Good people with bad ass rigs just enjoying life haha

desertrunner

Dude, your a beast for powering through that after slipping. Nice move

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
When in doubt throttle out haha.... Had I actually had a real spotter and not just people filming I would have backed up put my locker on and climbed that rock like everyone else did.... But meh it worked haha

USMC Wrangler

I’ve done similar but never got a good shot of it. Highly recommended!

PS - I’m your first subscriber on YT! Do I win yoga pants? [emoji38]

desertrunner

I really have been on the fence about adding a hydro assist to this build. Some days I really wish I had it and some days I look back at all I have done and think I don't really need it. In the case of this video I'm pretty sure I would have smashed the ram on that rock so I'm glad I didn't have it and the Exodus tie rod performed as advertised. Hell it didn't even scratch the finish off haha

Top Bottom