Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paint Protection

What trailhunter said...
    Exactly what I do.
    Maybe once a year I’ll go off the deep end and do a full blown detail. Otherwise it’s quick detail sprays and waxes.
    en hopup veritas

Quote Originally Posted by HighwayTrout View Post
    What trailhunter said...
    Exactly what I do.
    Maybe once a year I’ll go off the deep end and do a full blown detail. Otherwise it’s quick detail sprays and waxes.
    You’re talking about your work truck right? Why do you need to wash the Jeep with 38 miles on it in 8 months? Lol

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    You’re talking about your work truck right? Why do you need to wash the Jeep with 38 miles on it in 8 months? Lol

lol
    Yep. And the other cars.
    The Jeep desperately needs paint correction and a waxing. It used to be parked indoorsish (barn) but now it’s been outside getting beat up just parked. Wanna buy it?
    en hopup veritas

lol
    Yep. And the other cars.
    The Jeep desperately needs paint correction and a waxing. It used to be parked indoorsish (barn) but now it’s been outside getting beat up just parked. Wanna buy it?
    I’ll take the seats.

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

I’ve had a professional ceramic coating applied to one of my cars. Pretty sure all they did was charge me a lot of money. I saw zero difference.

Now I do it myself. I don’t play with ceramics though cause cancer scares me and most at home stuff is really really nasty shit you don’t want to breath or touch.

Clay bar, paint correct if needed, sealant, wax. In that order. Usually takes an entire day.

I like chemical guys products and their “jet seal” seems to last a long time.

If you only do one thing. Clay bar your vehicle. A lot of guys go straight to wax or sealants without truly getting their vehicle clean. Then are not happy with the results thinking they got ripped off with a cheap wax.
    This is the route I go. I did this to our water tender last year and it still holding up great. it's was 11 years old and parked outside all year long. Wash, gray clay bar, V34 polish, V36 polish, jet seal, then butter wet wax. That wax is so easy to apply and remove its almost as quick as a spray wax. Jet seal also works well when doing a full headlight restoration (Sand, polish, protect).

lol
    Yep. And the other cars.
    Need to fund your JT?...

Are you selling your Anvil at a discount due to only 3 shocks?

I had my Charger Hellcat coated in Cquartz Finest ceramic coating. One thing about ceramic coatings. You really need to do a good paint correction (is removing swirls and blemishes in the paint) because a ceramic coating can make the imperfections more noticeable. A good quality coating will last you a few years in you maintain the coating correctly. I used a product called Reload. Another key to making it last is not touching the paint, by that I mean using a foam cannon and pressure washer to wash, and dry using an blow gun on your air hose if you have a good compressor, or just a plain old leaf blower. By avoiding contact with the paint you’ll avoid damaging the paint, and you’ll allow the hydrophobic effects of a good ceramic coating to do their thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

I had my work truck ceramic coated and it is guaranteed for 7 years so we will see how long it lasts, it definitely helps me keep it cleaner because the dirt doesn’t seem to stick to it. Now with it being white can you tell it’s coated? I doubt it. My advice is don’t let them do your windshield. They did mine and I don’t like that

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wow. Lots of good feedback. Thanks. So we did a wash, clay bar, then this mequiars ceramic spray wax. I did the original coating method, then rinsed it off and went ahead and did a 2nd coating and rinsed off. Looks just like any other waxed vehicle. Hopefully it will last longer. We shall see.

IMG_20190908_134833_227.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Clay bar, paint correct if needed, sealant, wax. In that order. Usually takes an entire day.

I like chemical guys products and their “jet seal” seems to last a long time.

If you only do one thing. Clay bar your vehicle. A lot of guys go straight to wax or sealants without truly getting their vehicle clean.
    Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    One thing I have learned is that proper prep of the paint allows the waxes and sealants to hold and last longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesse3638 View Post
    Wash, gray clay bar, V34 polish, V36 polish, jet seal, then butter wet wax. That wax is so easy to apply and remove its almost as quick as a spray wax. Jet seal also works well when doing a full headlight restoration (Sand, polish, protect).
    What is the difference between a sealant and wax? I thought they were the same thing.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast