Leak after aftermarket driveshaft install

TxCoastie

Ill pulled the new driveshaft back off to assess.

Gear oil leaking from the backside of the front diff. under the seal.

I never saw a crush washer after putting the new yoke on.

Any help much appreciated.

1567716733764.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Pinion seal is leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'd second this. So far so good on my Jeep but my old Titan developed the same thing on the rear diff. A typical "Easy" job for me turned into an all day ordeal...haha. I'm not sure how these are but with my truck I measured the rotational torque, pulled the yoke, took a seal puller and got the old one out (Once you start with one of those there is no turning back as it fucks up the old seal bad). Took some different ABS pipe fittings and a hammer to pound the new one in, red lock tighted the pinion nut and torqued it to 160 and began measuring the rotational torque until it was about 5 inch pounds more than what it started as. Worked well and never leaked for the couple years after until I traded it in. Hopefully this is helpful.

WJCO

Meme King
Where the lip of the seal meets the yoke, use bearing or lithium grease. If that part of the seal isn't damaged, you should be OK. Rtv the outer diameter of the pinion seal (the metal part that touches the pumpkin/housing) and locktite the pinion nut.

cpefy3

I'd make sure your new driveshaft is properly balanced. An unbalanced driveshaft will cause pinion seals to fail prematurely. Good luck!!

If you didn't lube the sealing surface of the new yoke when you installed it, you possibly may have damaged the seal causing the leak... I've done it a couple times in my life....oops.

Top Bottom