VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 3 - NITTO JKX / Takin on Twin Peaks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
After a fun filled night of camping at Rubicon Springs, we started our 3rd day of the Nitto JK-Experience presented by KMC Wheels climbing our way to the top of Cadillac Hill and out to the end of the Rubicon Trail. After having to make some unexpected road side repairs, we headed down to South Lake Tahoe and did an impromptu bonus run up in the Twin Peaks OHV Area and to play on some of their nasty rocks. This is what you'll get to see in Part 3 of GOLD DUST and we hope you enjoy seeing Moby, PSC Motorsports, Synergy, Exodus Jeeps, Smokin Dave's BBQ, Casey Currie and all the other JK's having a good time out on the rocks.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JK-Experience sponsors.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 4 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE: WooHoo!! This has got to be the closest yet!!

I’m glad the bears didn’t cause anymore damage to the campsite [emoji51] awesome video! I definitely need to get out to the rubicon one of these days.

Last one: 34:26

Congratulations Jsounder53!!

Brute

Hooked
Awesome...Twin Peaks reminds me of Thompson Hill on the Dusy...lots of boulders that are loose; the line changes as you are driving on them. I'm not sure what's tougher...driving the obstacles, or filming the obstacles...I think getting out and scrambling all over the rocks with a camera in hand is got to be tougher...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome...Twin Peaks reminds me of Thompson Hill on the Dusy...lots of boulders that are loose; the line changes as you are driving on them. I'm not sure what's tougher...driving the obstacles, or filming the obstacles...I think getting out and scrambling all over the rocks with a camera in hand is got to be tougher...

LOL - tougher on the old joints for sure. I think Trail Grapplers have more traction than the soles of my boots too :crazyeyes:

WJCO

Meme King
Great video. What kind of jack was being used during repair? That thing looked pretty cool and appeared safer than a HiLift for sure.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Great video! It’s awesome watching you guys all come together to get the Jeeps back on the road. That’s what’s it’s all about!

Those boulders were tough, they were rolling around like marbles. Great little trail to fill up the afternoon.

Really makes me want to get out to Lake Tahoe!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Trail JK

Exactly my thoughts!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jjlong

Another great Video...and you're getting them out so quickly. Thanks for supporting my Video addiction! Looking forward to the next one!
My guess is 34:42

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So excited to watch! I haven't even had a chance to finish part two yet.

I guess 42:31

LOL - well, I hope you enjoy the rest of part 2 and this one as well. :)

Great video! It’s awesome watching you guys all come together to get the Jeeps back on the road. That’s what’s it’s all about!

Those boulders were tough, they were rolling around like marbles. Great little trail to fill up the afternoon.

Really makes me want to get out to Lake Tahoe!

You can totally see how the rock pile changed from Jeep to Jeep and even under the same Jeep at times. Tahoe is a pretty place for sure :)

Moving rocks, my favorite. Lol [emoji13] Reminds me of Thompson Hill, harder than it looks. Another awesome video! Thank you!

Thompson Hill is probably the closest thing to what this place is like for sure.

Another great installment for JKX2019. That Twin Peaks Trail looks like fun. Did anyone on 37s make that rock garden hill climb?

No 37's tried it but then, there were a number on 40's that didn't. That being said, it can be done and we've done it plenty of times in both Moby and Rubicat back in the day. It's all in the lines you take and a little luck in the rocks staying in place long enough for you to pass over them. :crazyeyes:

Another great Video...and you're getting them out so quickly. Thanks for supporting my Video addiction! Looking forward to the next one!
My guess is 34:42

LOL!! Need to get these done before the JL/JT Experience :crazyeyes:

fiend

Caught the Bug
No 37's tried it but then, there were a number on 40's that didn't. That being said, it can be done and we've done it plenty of times in both Moby and Rubicat back in the day. It's all in the lines you take and a little luck in the rocks staying in place long enough for you to pass over them. :crazyeyes:

Cool. Next summer’s project. Unless I get back to Tahoe before then.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are some shots that I found of Rubicat on Twin Peaks back when she was still running 37's.

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

wjtstudios

Hooked
Oh the memories, it was great seeing Rubicat again on the trail in the video.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Great video to watch while killing time before Red Sox play!!!!..........my guess is 37:00.........Thanks for all of the excellent video's:beer:

Spazbyt

Hooked
Another awesome video! Thanks again. Was I the only one laughing at that camera rig on the back of the jeep floping around on it's way up the trail?

33:00

Sent from my SM-G960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Making Friday go just a little faster :thumb:

i'll take another stab at 32 minutes for part 4 :beer:

Top Bottom