kids in college!

So we just received a letter stating that my son has been accepted to CORNELL!!! My wife and I could not be more proud! I am sure there are other WAYALIFERs who have kids in college who know the feeling... He is going to take a trip in April to visit the campus and visit with the football coaching staff before he makes his decision, but CORNELL was/is his number one choice so I am about 99% sure that is where he is going to go and play!!!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
so we just received a letter stating that my son has been accepted to cornell!!! My wife and i could not be more proud! I am sure there are other wayalifers who have kids in college who know the feeling... He is going to take a trip in april to visit the campus and visit with the football coaching staff before he makes his decision, but cornell was/is his number one choice so i am about 99% sure that is where he is going to go and play!!!

awesome!!! Congrats!!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
So we just received a letter stating that my son has been accepted to CORNELL!!! My wife and I could not be more proud! I am sure there are other WAYALIFERs who have kids in college who know the feeling... He is going to take a trip in April to visit the campus and visit with the football coaching staff before he makes his decision, but CORNELL was/is his number one choice so I am about 99% sure that is where he is going to go and play!!!

awesome!!! :thumb: Congrats, you always want the best for them!! :yup: :standing wave::thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Congrats! Its a nice area with a lot to do outdoors. My buddy graduated from there last year and now works there. I've been to that area a few times to camp and explore the outdoors.

PurpleHayes519

That's awesome. Congrats! Very nerve wracking to open an acceptance letter. The two biggest money pits, in a good way of course, college and jeeps.

Trembley

As a sneaky way of saving yourself some cash on this.....enroll in the Agricultural School, it's tuition is less as it is a "state" school within the private university..you only have to take one or two elective classes in that program the first year while still taking core courses in gen ed. And after that you can take IS classes in that school to maintain the lower tuition rate and major in whatever you want to.

My wife did that while she was there and saved a boat load of cash..enough so that her fourth year there she could afford grad school there. She got out in 4 yrs with a Master's Degree for about half as much cost as most of her class mates.

They may have changed that since 01' but worth looking into. Although with athletics in the picture, there will be much more stringent course req's etc.

But congrats on the acceptance letter that's awesome!

MTG

Caught the Bug

Congrats to you guys and your son! :clap2:

As a sneaky way of saving yourself some cash on this.....enroll in the Agricultural School, it's tuition is less as it is a "state" school within the private university..you only have to take one or two elective classes in that program the first year while still taking core courses in gen ed. And after that you can take IS classes in that school to maintain the lower tuition rate and major in whatever you want to.

My wife did that while she was there and saved a boat load of cash..enough so that her fourth year there she could afford grad school there. She got out in 4 yrs with a Master's Degree for about half as much cost as most of her class mates.

They may have changed that since 01' but worth looking into. Although with athletics in the picture, there will be much more stringent course req's etc.

But congrats on the acceptance letter that's awesome!

THANKS for the hint! The nice thing about IVY league schools is that they do their financial aid on a "need based" basis. and well, since I have not worked in 5 months, the parental contribution portion of his tuition is... well..... about ZERO!!! :D:D:D So not only is he going to an IVY league school, he is doing it for FREE!!!

Top Bottom