37 inch tires on 2 inch lift

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
I have evo enforcer 3” lift with puck spacers to bring it closer to 3.5”. With 3.5” backspacing, my 37x12.5 Cooper stts still slightly rub frame at full turn . Trimmed fenders and had to clearance back wheel well a bit . Also needed to trim rubicon rock rails by 2” . Also cut full width bumper and turned to a mid width .. outside was hitting tire on turn .

2” lift probably better suited for 35s

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

DD for now. Not much around West Texas. sold my 07 JKU and got a 2015 Rubicon JKU that had a 2 inch lift on it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
A few people mentioned front clearance but the rear will also be an issue with 37s depending on the brand and the width of them. My Cooper 37x13.5s didn't fit between the Rubi rails and the stock rear bumper on about 2.5-3" of lift, couldn't even mount them as you can see in the pic. Lots of trimming on the rear front side pinch seam to include a few inches off the Rubi rails and removed the stock rear bumper all together. (Idk if you still have to stock Rubi rails and rear bumper but something to watch for)

20180622_145156.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

This discussion is why I’ve stayed with 35’s on a 2.5” lift.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I'm having the same debate right now. I'm on 2.5" lift and just had 4.56 gears installed with the intent of going to 35s but started second guessing myself. Glad I found this because it answered a bunch of questions for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You'll either have to do a lot of trimming or run a lot of bumpstop.

I had to trim the pinch seam with 3 inches of lift when I jumped up to 37's, so even if you get a larger lift this summer expect some trimming. I also need to trim or replace the stock fenders, even with 3" of bumpstop. I get some rubbing on the rear inner fender liner.

I second the recommendation of gears and brakes. I was using the stock brakes until this weekend. I couldn't lock up the tires anymore with the stock brakes and 37s.

In Colorado, regearing is a must with big tires. The hills here are killer, especially with the 3.8l. You might be able to get by with the stock gears for a while in TX, but gears will make your driving experience nicer.

Top Bottom