Whoops!! Wrong bottle...

dunstan74

I was out wheeling today and my 32rh auto transmission has a leak (damn output seal) so I topped it up halfway through the day.

In a lapse of common sense I grabbed what I thought was ATF+4 and started putting it in my transmission. Turns out I actually grabbed gear oil 75W90.... I was pretty quick to realise my mistake and only put in about 20-30mls max.

Had no real choice but to drive it off the trail which was about 3hours so I figured by then an extra hour drive home wasn't going to make much difference. It shifted smoothly like it always does and feels fine.

Need some clarification whether I'm thinking to much into this or not.

Sent from my SM-G950F using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Some kind of lubricant is better than no lubricant. I would change what you have in now but wouldn't worry to much about it otherwise.

WJCO

Meme King
I was out wheeling today and my 32rh auto transmission has a leak (damn output seal) so I topped it up halfway through the day.

In a lapse of common sense I grabbed what I thought was ATF+4 and started putting it in my transmission. Turns out I actually grabbed gear oil 75W90.... I was pretty quick to realise my mistake and only put in about 20-30mls max.

Had no real choice but to drive it off the trail which was about 3hours so I figured by then an extra hour drive home wasn't going to make much difference. It shifted smoothly like it always does and feels fine.

Need some clarification whether I'm thinking to much into this or not.

I would just change it as soon as you can.

Some kind of lubricant is better than no lubricant.

Subscribed for the comments.

Top Bottom