Colorado help

Angry Aussie

I am moving to Colorado at the end of the year! Currently we are planning on moving to Boulder, but since it’s been so long since I went to school there, I don’t know much about Boulder anymore. I know there are some people who don’t care for it and I would love to know how Boulder is today.

We are also considering Longmont and Fort Collins if, we can’t make Boulder work. So I’ll take any advice any Colorado folks have on any of these spots. I’ll take it all, the good and the bad.

We are leaving Austin because it’s getting way to crowded and it’s way to hot here in the summer. I grew up in Austin and can’t take what it is now. Plus we want to spend time outdoors in the summer and not hiding in the AC.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has! I really appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Good luck. We stayed overnight in Boulder earlier this summer. Couldn't believe what a shit hole it was... pretty disappointing. Maybe my expectations were way off? Either way, the creepiest thing was the panhandlers with blue circles tattooed on their foreheads. WTF?

Angry Aussie

Good luck. We stayed overnight in Boulder earlier this summer. Couldn't believe what a shit hole it was... pretty disappointing. Maybe my expectations were way off? Either way, the creepiest thing was the panhandlers with blue circles tattooed on their foreheads. WTF?

I live in Austin so I’m used to crazy weirdo panhandlers. Nothing new here.

Why was it such a shithole to you? What bothered you about it other then the weirdos?

Angry Aussie

I know I already sent you a bunch of info on this via PM, but in summary, it's an over-priced highly-regulated fantasy land. I lived there for about 12 years and am extremely happy to not live there anymore.

This article sums it up well, lol:

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2014/05/18-truths-about-living-in-boulder-sidni-giordano/

**Read the comments at the end too***

Thanks man! And thanks for all the info through the PMs it’s helped me a bunch. Have been doing a lot more looking in Longmont and Fort Collins. It sucks Boulder has been ruined it was such a cool place back when I was in school there.

Angry Aussie

That article is the exact same thing as Austin Texas is! Lol lol Austin is no different and just like that article.

I’m like the only local left in Austin, everyone is from Cali or east coast. Over priced and crowded, shitty place to start a business, beer snobs all over, tons of cyclists because of Captain Jackass Lance Armstrong! Wealthy snobs all over the place thinking they were all the first to discover Austin! Sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! Lol

Exodus 4x4

That article is the exact same thing as Austin Texas is! Lol lol Austin is no different and just like that article.

I’m like the only local left in Austin, everyone is from Cali or east coast. Over priced and crowded, shitty place to start a business, beer snobs all over, tons of cyclists because of Captain Jackass Lance Armstrong! Wealthy snobs all over the place thinking they were all the first to discover Austin! Sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! Lol

Dude I hated living in Austin. The homeless situation is so upside down there, I still can’t wrap my mind around it. The beer snob thing is real for sure, as well as cold brew coffee and Whole Foods snobs.

Angry Aussie

Sure is dude, can’t take it anymore and Ashley and I are leaving! Austin isn’t what it was when I was growing up. To many horrible changes its time to go. But sounds like we are moving to the Austin of Colorado! I’d love to live in Edwards or Vail or Durango but all those places would be to small for Ashley.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Finally going to pull the trigger on the move, huh?
We’ll have to get out again while you’re still in TX!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Angry Aussie

Finally going to pull the trigger on the move, huh?
We’ll have to get out again while you’re still in TX!

Yes it’s finally all falling into place. For sure we need to go out again before I go. Should be able to get in few trips before we leave.

Anytime you want to go and it’s not 98+ degrees count me in. Should get another one like we did last time that was a great group.

jeeeep

Hooked

This confirms what i've thought about Austin.

Don't get to Austin much anymore, but with my daughter in college there and a client further south, your comments are what crossed my mind when I stayed for a weekend and "thought" i'd take in some beer and music.

Like a cancer spreading - Moab, Colorado, Austin, San Antonio ....

Slimebones

This confirms what i've thought about Austin.

Don't get to Austin much anymore, but with my daughter in college there and a client further south, your comments are what crossed my mind when I stayed for a weekend and "thought" i'd take in some beer and music.

Like a cancer spreading - Moab, Colorado, Austin, San Antonio ....

Sad but true my friend. Fact is, it has always been like this through history , entitled always winning out. More reason to get out and enjoy what we have, because it will most likely degrade from here. Bucket list NOW.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Yes it’s finally all falling into place. For sure we need to go out again before I go. Should be able to get in few trips before we leave.

Anytime you want to go and it’s not 98+ degrees count me in. Should get another one like we did last time that was a great group.

Agreed! I’m hoping to get out once our twice in October. Very slight chance I may end up at K2 in a couple weeks. I’ll let you know!

Top Bottom