Oil leak from transmission area

Mikes570

Hey all, this past week I was out wheeling with my Jeep. Went through a mud pit and got stuck...mistake #1 was to play in the mud, #2 was to push in my clutch and try to back up and go forward again . I really thought i had it but didn’t. Anyways, after that my clutch was almost non existent for a little bit. Figured it just got wet and after a little bit it finally came back to normal. Tonight I was under the Jeep checking for any damage from the rocks that might have happened. Well to my surprise there was only minimal scrapes. But that’s when I seen oil. It was coming from the little “window” at the front of the transmission. I wiped everything down and will check it tomorrow after I drive it, don’t have time tonight. Could this be from when I was stuck?? I’m not thinking it’s a rear main seal already. It’s a 19’ with only 3600 miles on it. Yes 3,600. Didn’t buy it to look at hahaha. I checked the engine oil and the dipstick is showing good. Any input or advice? I’m hoping tomorrow after my ride to work it’s dry under there and it was just from my mishap.

Mikes570

I was going to take some but didn’t think about it until I had it all cleaned off and was back in the house. It’s not a leak that’s leaving a puddle. But it had the bottom of the transmission wet. Coming from the inspection window between he transmission and engine....

Mikes570

414059A3-74C8-40D2-A7D3-BFB2FFF5074A.jpg BF4BADFD-809A-45BC-AC4A-0B0D79DFE4B4.jpg here is where I have oil from. I wiped it all down last night. After my 8 mile drive to work this was what I had. Isn’t nowhere near as bad as it was. I only have one little drop from the little rubber boot thing there. But nothing is wet underneath today.. any ideas?

morricus

You really should consider just getting this to the dealer. Even if the forum figures out the issue, you're prolonging the inevitable in my opinion. You have a brand new Jeep that has not been abused that is leaking fluids. Dealer issue if you ask me.

Mikes570

I have no problem taking it there. I was just wondering what was the cause.. does this happen normally if you were in my situation? What are they going to fix?

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I have no problem taking it there. I was just wondering what was the cause.. does this happen normally if you were in my situation? What are they going to fix?

A transmission leaking fluid on a new vehicle with 3600 miles is definitely NOT normal. I wheel my 18 pretty hard and I have NO leaking anywhere. If I did, I would be calling dealer that very day!
Who cares what we (forum) think.

I would be more worried why you had no clutch than a little drip. And Incase you’re new to jeeps, you drove down a gravel road you didn’t go in a mud hole.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I would be more worried why you had no clutch than a little drip. And Incase you’re new to jeeps, you drove down a gravel road you didn’t go in a mud hole.

I feel like he won’t understand this. Lol

Mikes570

Damn I didn’t realize I was in the presence of Jeep gods here. Y’all are fucking douchebags on this site. Your right it was just a “gravel road” there was no mud because you are the only one that has been in the real “mud” before fella. All I did was ask a question and was hoping for some insight , but no let’s bash someone because they don’t know everything. Thanks for your time , I know keeps gods are busy working on real problems..

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Damn I didn’t realize I was in the presence of Jeep gods here. Y’all are fucking douchebags on this site. Your right it was just a “gravel road” there was no mud because you are the only one that has been in the real “mud” before fella. All I did was ask a question and was hoping for some insight , but no let’s bash someone because they don’t know everything. Thanks for your time , I know keeps gods are busy working on real problems..

Dude calm down. The gravel road story is what you tell the dealer. You just shoved your head up your ass.:doh::asshat:

WJCO

Meme King

d3vpag6-01f5fa9d-ecb1-43dc-9cd0-066fa9acca71.jpg ...........

longarmwj

You asked our opinion and people gave their opinion. Not sure how that makes people douchebags or Jeep gods

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Hey fuckstick. The guy was trying to help you out. It was a joke, relax. If you take the jeep into the dealer and say you buried it in the mud they are going to tell you to pound sand.

Top Bottom