VIDEO : GOLD DUST Part 4 - NITTO JKX / Road to Reward Mine & Cerro Gordo

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Leaving beautiful Lake Tahoe behind, we started our 4th day of the Nitto JK-Experience presented by KMC Wheels, heading down U.S. Highway 395, also known as El Camino Sierra. In Part 4 of GOLD DUST, you'll get to see us work our way up into the Inyo Mountains and then overlanded across them as we made our way to the south. Unfortunately, this is about where Moby started to have some problems and it was our turn to seek out help from our friends. After accessing our situation, we wheeled our way to the bottom of the Reward Mine and then climbed our way back up to the top of the mountain where we set up our home for the night in the ghost town of, Cerro Gordo. We hope you enjoy.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE
If you enjoyed this video, Cindy and I would be grateful if you could please SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/wayalife?sub_confirmation=1

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels, Off Road Evolution or any of the JK-Experience sponsors.

WIN a Pair of NEW WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
If you'd like a chance at WINNING a pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses, all you have to do take a guess as to how long Part 5 will be and post up your answer here. The person who gets the closest will WIN. Good luck to you!

IMG_3903.jpg

UPDATE: Holy cow - you just about nailed it!! Just one second off :crazyeyes:

Love the series damn how those brakes smoked... not bad for no vacuum assist.

Part 5 41:27

Congratulations robx251 :rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20190910193527-fdd558a0-me.jpg

Follow the dust :)

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn 15 amp fuses! But glad it was an easy fix.

Great video as always, you guys always see some amazing history on these runs!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wooo can’t wait to watch!!

Hope you like it after you get to see it :)

What a great episode!! Love the mullet ending

Next episode, 34:50

:cheesy:

Damn 15 amp fuses! But glad it was an easy fix.

Great video as always, you guys always see some amazing history on these runs!

Well, there's more to it than that. You'll have to tune into Part 5 to see what I'm talking about.

Always happy to hear guys like you enjoy the history :)

Couple things...
Bummer about Moby but also yay for Moby
Reward mine looks rad as fuck
And I’ve gotta get out that way. Maybe I’ll have some time this weekend for some exploring.
Can’t wait for part 5... lots to fit in there so I’m gonna call it 42:55

benatc1

Hooked
Another great video! Thanks for sharing. Sucks moby had issues but seems like things got sorted out. Definitely some cool stops along the way! Looking fwd to the rest!

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
Hahaha great ending [emoji106] about went for a mullet not too long ago [emoji23]
I’m glad it was just a 15 amp fuse fix!

For some reason I thought this would be the last episode, glad I’m wrong!!!
Next episode: 36:42

jeeeep

Hooked
roller coster of emotions from the breakdown "Oh Damn!", to fear then laughter "when you look down the shaft" (things not to say in the dark) :cheesy:

and finally relief and elation, Moby Lives!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

part 5! 41:47

Abntroop

Great vid! Glad you made it down the hill safely. Looked like a bit of an ass clencher.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just turned it on a few minutes ago. I love that stretch of desert between Lee vining and lone pine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
Awesome video. It was obvious that you guys were having a great time. And you had a great attitude even during the time Moby broke down. Glad you weren't alone out there. That mine was super cool. Loved the video shots of the rock lights and flashlights.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couple things...
Bummer about Moby but also yay for Moby
Reward mine looks rad as fuck
And I’ve gotta get out that way. Maybe I’ll have some time this weekend for some exploring.
Can’t wait for part 5... lots to fit in there so I’m gonna call it 42:55

LOL - nice way to sum things up :)

Another great video! Thanks for sharing. Sucks moby had issues but seems like things got sorted out. Definitely some cool stops along the way! Looking fwd to the rest!

Happy to hear you enjoyed this one. Gotta get you and Alex out to some of these places with us :)

Hahaha great ending [emoji106] about went for a mullet not too long ago [emoji23]
I’m glad it was just a 15 amp fuse fix!

For some reason I thought this would be the last episode, glad I’m wrong!!!
Next episode: 36:42

Truth be told, we were gunning to make this a 4 part series but decided that there was way too much that happened to squeeze the rest of the trip into one episode.

Love the series damn how those brakes smoked... not bad for no vacuum assist.

Part 5 41:27

It took a lot of work but yeah, they got the job done :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
roller coster of emotions from the breakdown "Oh Damn!", to fear then laughter "when you look down the shaft" (things not to say in the dark) :cheesy:

and finally relief and elation, Moby Lives!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

part 5! 41:47

:cheesy: Definitely, things not to say in the dark :crazyeyes:

Great vid! Glad you made it down the hill safely. Looked like a bit of an ass clencher

It was sketchy for sure. Gave me a real appreciate for power brakes and steering. :crazyeyes:

Just turned it on a few minutes ago. I love that stretch of desert between Lee vining and lone pine.

Oh yeah, sure is pretty out that way.

Awesome video. It was obvious that you guys were having a great time. And you had a great attitude even during the time Moby broke down. Glad you weren't alone out there. That mine was super cool. Loved the video shots of the rock lights and flashlights.

Fortunately, we were with friends and really, that's all you need to have a good time. :yup:

TrailHunter

Hooked
"...To 15 amp fuses.." :cheesy: That was hilarious Bubba... No matter how much you prepare, something stupid can always bite ya... Cool that you figured it out. This was a great chapter in the adventure. Awesome!!

46:26

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
"...To 15 amp fuses.." :cheesy: That was hilarious Bubba... No matter how much you prepare, something stupid can always bite ya... Cool that you figured it out. This was a great chapter in the adventure. Awesome!!

46:26

Glad to hear you had fun watching this one even though there wasn't a whole lot of wheeling in it - like none :crazyeyes: :)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think I liked this video the best so far. I love wheeling in rocks but I think I like exploring the desert the most. The history lessons and how you explain them really add that special touch too. Even though I’ve been to and explored these areas it’s great to hear the history of them.

Side note, how was Cerro Gordo? I’ve heard good and bad about the new owners. Do you know if you still need reservations to visit or just to camp?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom