Eddie's blown Fuse

koasta11

My jeep is a 15 with a 6.2 LS3

I had the similar problem with my Motech fuse box.

What happened was where the wire came into the bottom of the fuse box the connector got loose (reemed out) and it would loose its connection I would be driving down the freeway in the fast lane doing 70 and my motor would shut off the looser it got the more it would happen.

Maybe what's happening to Eddie's rig is when it gets loose it shorts out and blows the fuse.

When we started to dig into it we found the problem and ended up pulling that fuse connection and putting in a separate exterior fuseable link I guess you would call it.

Never happened again

Dean

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

mijku

It would only short out if it touches a ground. If the connection is loose it will arc and heat up. If close enough to the fuse, it will sink the heat and melt the element. The auto industry is moving away from fuse link because of the serviceability of it and it shoots molten copper around when it blows.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

There were 3 wires connected to that 15 amp fuse. Injectors, coils, and AFM are run off that fuse. The AFM was the wire that was blowing the fuse. Why I don’t know but Robbie and I worked through it and that’s the beat we could come up with at the the time. The fuse block on Moby is prehistoric and even Robbie couldn’t remover exactly what was what on it. I’m sure once Robbie gets it back in the shop he’ll nail down exactly what was going on with that wire.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
There were 3 wires connected to that 15 amp fuse. Injectors, coils, and AFM are run off that fuse. The AFM was the wire that was blowing the fuse. Why I don’t know but Robbie and I worked through it and that’s the beat we could come up with at the the time. The fuse block on Moby is prehistoric and even Robbie couldn’t remover exactly what was what on it. I’m sure once Robbie gets it back in the shop he’ll nail down exactly what was going on with that wire.

Electrical issues suck. Chased sveral down in various vehicles and got rid of others due to those issues.

I actually wanted to start a thread to ask but backed off. I just finished jkx part 5, was that your jeep that launched on the dunes? Other than the loose bolt did you have any frame issues? I've enjoy Eddie's vids and that was pretty fucking epic.

Exodus 4x4

Electrical issues suck. Chased sveral down in various vehicles and got rid of others due to those issues.

I actually wanted to start a thread to ask but backed off. I just finished jkx part 5, was that your jeep that launched on the dunes? Other than the loose bolt did you have any frame issues? I've enjoy Eddie's vids and that was pretty fucking epic.

Yep, that was me. We replaced the trans cooler fitting and the camber bushing the next morning and drove 90 mph all the way back to Texas. No issues whatsoever.

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Yep, that was me. We replaced the trans cooler fitting and the camber bushing the next morning and drove 90 mph all the way back to Texas. No issues whatsoever.

Very impressive! Nice machine. Hope the landing was softer than i imagine! I may have caught too much whiplash in my time, but that brought back some achy joints!

Exodus 4x4

Very impressive! Nice machine. Hope the landing was softer than i imagine! I may have caught too much whiplash in my time, but that brought back some achy joints!

The suspension did a great job of absorbing the landing as much as it could. Don’t get me wrong, it was still an abrupt landing but there’s no doubt that any other suspension wouldn’t have survived.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
The suspension did a great job of absorbing the landing as much as it could. Don’t get me wrong, it was still an abrupt landing but there’s no doubt that any other suspension wouldn’t have survived.

About another five feet of height or eight feet of distance and you would have had a really bad day. Nosing a landing in the dunes is brutal, but at least it gives you an opportunity to buy new airbags. (I’ve never done it in a full-size rig, but I have seen the aftermath.) 🥃

Exodus 4x4

About another five feet of height or eight feet of distance and you would have had a really bad day. Nosing a landing in the dunes is brutal, but at least it gives you an opportunity to buy new airbags. (I’ve never done it in a full-size rig, but I have seen the aftermath.) 🥃

Yep. That fat ass Jeep isn’t built for such a thing. Really surprised the air bags didn’t go off actually.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yep. That fat ass Jeep isn’t built for such a thing. Really surprised the air bags didn’t go off actually.

For sure. It would be interesting to see a video from the front but I think you probably still landed front wheels first instead of hitting the bumper and front wheels at the same time, or the bumper first.

Exodus 4x4

For sure. It would be interesting to see a video from the front but I think you probably still landed front wheels first instead of hitting the bumper and front wheels at the same time, or the bumper first.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was wheels first. I wish there was more video of it from some different angles but then again, I’m lucky there was video at all.

Primo82

Caught the Bug

Lol, think you should log those hours towards a pilots license!

Just curious, what suspension are you running? Assuming it's not custom.

Top Bottom