JK Daily Driver Project

RileyP111

Hello!
My name is Riley. New to the forum, been watching Wayalife videos for years. I had a little yellow TJ, but decided to stop throwing money into it and hop on the JK train.

I spotted this 2015 JK Oscar Mike Sport. It only had 12,000 miles on it for a great price. 2 door, soft top. Perfect!
Needless to say it was in my driveway that night.

This is my Daily Driver. Taking it slow and trying to make smart, practical choices for a build that can get me through the trail and still take the highway home afterwards. Still needs a name!

I plan on using this thread to keep track of the journey and take advice from much more experienced Jeepers than myself.
Feedback is appreciated!

Here she is the night we rescued her from the Dealership, then a quick photo op the next morning.

IMG_4553 2.jpg IMG_4558.jpg IMG_4560.jpg

RileyP111

I've always thought there was something beautiful about a capable, stock Jeep.

That being said, it didn't take long for the modification bug to bite again. It's an illness for sure.

Since I move around a lot, I don't maintain a lot of tools. Thankfully a great shop in San Antonio was willing to help me take on phase one of the daily driver build.

Step one was to get the lift on. I went with a 3 inch BDS Daily Driver lift with Fox 2.0 shocks. Not the most impressive lift kit, but it's a start

IMG_7314.jpg

Step two, since I planned on going to 35s and I knew I wanted a locker, it seemed like a good time to go ahead and re-gear. The research I did pointed at 4.88s as the right choice for me. So far I think it was the smart move.

IMG_7313.jpg

Step three, went with an ARB locker in the rear. Compressor in the engine compartment.

IMG_7346 2.jpg

Finished up with some 35 inch Nittos. Couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

IMG_7367.jpg

RileyP111

Heck yeah more manual 2drs, hit me up if you have 2dr questions I pieced my whole suspension and drive train 1 piece at a time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! I won't hesitate! Love the green. I was too impatient to find a fun color fast enough. Wheeling seems a little more challenging in a manual but I'm up for it!

Top Bottom