Stock? JKU Rubicon Front suspension

JunctionRubi

While Working on a U joint i noticed that my front end basically sitting on bump stops. As well as my shock only has about 1 inch of up-travel before it bottom out. The jeep is pretty easy to bottom out wile driving off road but i thought that was just a jeep thing. Some please help. My question is the silver looking metal puck on the bottom of the bump stop factory or is it part of a old lift? Thank you Front bump.jpg

desertrunner

Definitely looks like an aftermarket bumpstop to me. Pretty sure the stock axle has no bump stop on the bottom pad. But if your shocks are only 1" from bottoming out then it looks like the shocks match the bump stop with what ever coils it had on it gone.

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

JunctionRubi

I will get more pictures tomorrow. Iam trying to find part number of the shocks on the bilstein website, for some more clues. But having no luck.

bouche03

Those shocks are too long for the lift (if any) that you have. Since there appears to be 2-3" bump stops added to the coil pad, my guess is the PO had some sort of lift on this Jeep and then when they sold it simply swapped the coils out and put the factory coils back in...If you are not running a lift right now, I would remove the bump stops and get correct length shocks

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
While Working on a U joint i noticed that my front end basically sitting on bump stops. As well as my shock only has about 1 inch of up-travel before it bottom out. The jeep is pretty easy to bottom out wile driving off road but i thought that was just a jeep thing. Some please help. My question is the silver looking metal puck on the bottom of the bump stop factory or is it part of a old lift? Thank you View attachment 334642
Stock springs on a modified jeep. But If anything I would measure the bump stop then find some springs that match that amount of lift. Looks like a 3" bump in the pics... what is the extended length of the shock? They look like bilstein 5100s.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JunctionRubi

Thanks every one. After spending most night researching i found that The shocks are off a 3-4 inch SuperLift that Bilstein supplied the shocks for. That also makes sense with the bump stop adapter on it. Time to order new shocks and bumps to go with some new Heavy OME 2" in heavy springs.

Here is the picture with the jeep on its own weight. own weight.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Thanks every one. After spending most night researching i found that The shocks are off a 3-4 inch SuperLift that Bilstein supplied the shocks for. That also makes sense with the bump stop adapter on it. Time to order new shocks and bumps to go with some new Heavy OME 2" in heavy springs.

Here is the picture with the jeep on its own weight. View attachment 334645

Wouldn’t it be easier just to get some 3” springs and keep the bumps and shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

Here is the picture with the jeep on its own weight. View attachment 334645
OME has gone downhill... incase you are a legacy TJ guy... I would look elsewhere for your springs. Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom