Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer case swap questions

Fresh Catch

Transfer case swap questions

Hi all,

Attached are a few photos of a donor Rock-Trac 241OR that I'm swapping into my 6-speed JKU Sport S next weekend. I just closed her up after putting a TeraFlex 2LO shift sector inside then realized a small difference on the input shaft length and some markings:

IMG_8249.jpgIMG_8250.jpgIMG_8254.jpgIMG_8255.jpg59029309480__8F88D44E-79EE-4809-9906-C3E7984FF350.jpg

I have no idea if this will bolt up and make properly to the output shaft of my NSG370 and have no idea which input spline gear lengths are involved. The input gear seems a little short. Any idea if this case will be a direct bolt in into my late model JKU?

And yes, I will be swapping in the existing output flanges for the stock driveshafts I am using. Any help or info on this would be appreciated.

shoe

Welcome

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Quote Originally Posted by iplaywithnoshoes View Post
    Any help or info on this would be appreciated.

shoe
    Can't help you with the tcase, but you should really put some shoes on so you don't get tetanus.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

If the t-case came off of an automatic transmission, it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJK View Post
    Welcome

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Can't help you with the tcase, but you should really put some shoes on so you don't get tetanus.
    no worries, I got my shots updated last month!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus Jeeps View Post
    If the t-case came off of an automatic transmission, it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    The input gear is female (23 spline) for the manual, while the auto is a male input gear; the shop told me this came off of a manual JK. I'm waiting on answers from them.
    Last edited by iplaywithnoshoes; 09-16-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Nothing but a Thing desertrunner's Avatar
    If it came off of a manual it will fit any 07-11 auto or manual and it will fit a 12-18 manual
    The 12-18 automatics have a different input shaft have have to be sourced from a 12-18 auto Rubicon (assuming you have a 12-18 auto)

If you have a 12-18 auto the manual tcase will not bolt right up. I do not know any details on switching input shaft stuff, haven't heard of anyone doing that

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app
    12' 2dr Gecko Sport 6 speed
    PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.
    ***CURRENT DD*** 16' F150

Fresh Catch
    Any information on the input shaft and bolt pattern type? I'm afraid that I'm not too keen on trying to swap this without knowing whether or not this will fit.

Quote Originally Posted by iplaywithnoshoes View Post
    Any information on the input shaft and bolt pattern type? I'm afraid that I'm not too keen on trying to swap this without knowing whether or not this will fit.
    Sorry don't have any info on the actual shaft but I will tell you that if you have a 12+ auto a manual tcase will not fit

PR44, ARBs, 4.88s, 35 spline rear, Adams 1350 Front & Rear, Rubi T-case, Rubi sway bar + Evo no limits, Evo armor & skids, 37/13.50" Cooper STT Pro, Evo 2" plush / OME med duty springs

***SOLD*** 08' JKU Rubicon 6-speed Stone White, 3.5" RK lift, 37" KM2s and lots more.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by desertrunner View Post
    If it came off of a manual it will fit any 07-11 auto or manual and it will fit a 12-18 manual
    The 12-18 automatics have a different input shaft have have to be sourced from a 12-18 auto Rubicon (assuming you have a 12-18 auto)

If you have a 12-18 auto the manual tcase will not bolt right up. I do not know any details on switching input shaft stuff, haven't heard of anyone doing that

This ^^^ is all the pertinent info you need.

The 23 spline input will work with all manuals and 07-11 autos. 12-18 autos have "i believe" a 26 spline input shaft.
    You should be fine, considering you have a manual.

OP I am sorry I missed that you have a manual. If you have a manual and the Rubi case was sourced from a manual it WILL bolt in just fine.

My Tcase was sourced from a 14' manual and I put it into my 12' manual with no issues at all

Sorry for the confusion I was thinking you had a 12+ auto. I missed that piece of info in your original post. My apologies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast