Transfer case swap questions

Hi all,

Attached are a few photos of a donor Rock-Trac 241OR that I'm swapping into my 6-speed JKU Sport S next weekend. I just closed her up after putting a TeraFlex 2LO shift sector inside then realized a small difference on the input shaft length and some markings:

IMG_8249.jpg IMG_8250.jpg IMG_8254.jpg IMG_8255.jpg 59029309480__8F88D44E-79EE-4809-9906-C3E7984FF350.jpg

I have no idea if this will bolt up and make properly to the output shaft of my NSG370 and have no idea which input spline gear lengths are involved. The input gear seems a little short. Any idea if this case will be a direct bolt in into my late model JKU?

And yes, I will be swapping in the existing output flanges for the stock driveshafts I am using. Any help or info on this would be appreciated.

shoe

Welcome

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

thank you very much

Can't help you with the tcase, but you should really put some shoes on so you don't get tetanus.

no worries, I got my shots updated last month! ;)

If the t-case came off of an automatic transmission, it won’t work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The input gear is female (23 spline) for the manual, while the auto is a male input gear; the shop told me this came off of a manual JK. I'm waiting on answers from them.

Last edited:

desertrunner

If it came off of a manual it will fit any 07-11 auto or manual and it will fit a 12-18 manual
The 12-18 automatics have a different input shaft have have to be sourced from a 12-18 auto Rubicon (assuming you have a 12-18 auto)

If you have a 12-18 auto the manual tcase will not bolt right up. I do not know any details on switching input shaft stuff, haven't heard of anyone doing that

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Any information on the input shaft and bolt pattern type? I'm afraid that I'm not too keen on trying to swap this without knowing whether or not this will fit.

If it came off of a manual it will fit any 07-11 auto or manual and it will fit a 12-18 manual
The 12-18 automatics have a different input shaft have have to be sourced from a 12-18 auto Rubicon (assuming you have a 12-18 auto)

If you have a 12-18 auto the manual tcase will not bolt right up. I do not know any details on switching input shaft stuff, haven't heard of anyone doing that

This ^^^ is all the pertinent info you need.

The 23 spline input will work with all manuals and 07-11 autos. 12-18 autos have "i believe" a 26 spline input shaft.
You should be fine, considering you have a manual.

desertrunner

OP I am sorry I missed that you have a manual. If you have a manual and the Rubi case was sourced from a manual it WILL bolt in just fine.

My Tcase was sourced from a 14' manual and I put it into my 12' manual with no issues at all

Sorry for the confusion I was thinking you had a 12+ auto. I missed that piece of info in your original post. My apologies

Carbon6

While I can’t help you with your question, I do recommend installing the Advanced Adaptor tcase shift. Made getting into 2Lo easier for me and added protection from the $5-10 plastic part failing while on the trail. Yes, it’s expensive and you can buy a shit ton of those plastic things but the tcase is already out so why not... btw love my 2Lo kit, it’s amazing!

Let's try this:

A picture from another forum shows this kind of input shaft for a manual (the one on the right):

T-case015.jpg

The one I have is this:

IMG_8250.jpg

Any idea if this one would be long enough?

Top Bottom