Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 JLUR sway bar disconnect

18 JLUR sway bar disconnect

While off roading and doing some serious rock garden crawling, I was getting Shifter error's and Sway bar disconnect errors. This has not happened before. Shutting off vehicle corrected each time this happened, which was more than once.
    I just pressure washed the mud and rocks off, vacuumed inside then drove out to fill tank for the week. I remembered the events of the weekend and when I got back into driveway, put into 4L and attempted to disconnect sway bar. I can hear the subtle 'kink' which is sound it normally makes...but it says Connected. Tried this four or five times and each time the same. It is not Dis-connecting.
    I have no error message. Has this occurred to anyone here?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRubicon View Post
    While off roading and doing some serious rock garden crawling, I was getting Shifter error's and Sway bar disconnect errors. This has not happened before. Shutting off vehicle corrected each time this happened, which was more than once.
    I just pressure washed the mud and rocks off, vacuumed inside then drove out to fill tank for the week. I remembered the events of the weekend and when I got back into driveway, put into 4L and attempted to disconnect sway bar. I can hear the subtle 'kink' which is sound it normally makes...but it says Connected. Tried this four or five times and each time the same. It is not Dis-connecting.
    I have no error message. Has this occurred to anyone here?
    Not sure about the JL setup, but i know the electric motors on JKUR setups often fail due to water or dirt ingress. Maybe that's what you're experiencing? Maybe try dismantling the motor to clean it. EVO sells a manual lever to replace the motor, in case you need to replace it and dont want to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

After actually taking a look at motor I saw it took a good hit. Wires on plug are intact, but insulation removed off of some of them.
    The integrity of electrical connection seems adequate so I hope it's not the motor. Guess I will have to take to dealer.

SB disconnect.jpg
    SB plug.jpg

Every time I post image one or all pics always upside down or sideways...forgive me.

Unfortunately I noticed earlier in week that last weekend the disconnect motor took a hit, and the wires got frayed real close to connector. It is at dealer now and the connector needs to be replaced because there are no replacement pins for connector. On top of this, Mopar doesn’t sell just the connector, only harness which is $259. Lesson learned...I need to protect the motor with a plate.
    I asked dealer to try and test motor so I at least know if it works. $1800 for motor.
    Worst case motor bad, I am thinking about the anti lock swaybar on market. Anyone have one or seen someone using?

I have since bought the EVO manual sway bar disconnect. It works great. Today I thought I would try and disassemble factory disconnect motor since dealer says it's bad and I have to pay to replace. Check out the photos and see if it makes you sick as me.
    Vehicle is less than a year old and less than 10,000 miles on it. Imagine what yours looks like if you have older and way more miles.
    I think it's pathetic that Jeep cannot make product which is not sealed for one thing. Also facing the plug up or towards the rear would be better than facing front.

[/ATTACH]IMG_2131.jpgIMG_2132.jpgIMG_2133.jpgIMG_2134.jpgIMG_2135.jpgIMG_2136.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

That’s crazy. Must have had a bad seal somewhere. Mines going on six years and has been submerged more times than I can count and still works as good as the first day. If and when it does fail, I’ll be going the EVO route though.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

18 JLUR sway bar disconnect

I think I see the problem why it’s not working. Lol thanks for sharing

Not "living" but "loving" life always!

Why is this not covered under warranty? Sounds like the jeep is still very new.

Quote Originally Posted by Noble Woodsman View Post
    Why is this not covered under warranty? Sounds like the jeep is still very new.

I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Because it has marks on it, they say it was damaged. My dealer sucks!! I don't have energy and patience to create a big stink. If I had contact to Mopar above dealers head, I would reach out to them. If someone here 'knows a guy'...message me please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast