Evo Mfg Protek skid plates on my JT

highoctane

Caught the Bug
First mods are showing up for my Gladiator. I ordered the Evo Mfg Protek front axle disconnect and engine/xmsn skid plates for it. After looking more closely, I might end up getting the exhaust skid as well. The FAD skid plate is the only one that showed up so far, and I just finished installing it. Pretty easy install, maybe 15 minutes. It’s beefy and should help protect the part of the steering stabilizer as well as the FAD and the area it mounts to.

IMG_3730.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg
IMG_3728.jpg

The engine and auto xmsn skid plate gets here Friday, and I’ll be installing it immediately with plans to hit the trails for the first time on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
The first mod of many. Congrats! Eddies build right now has to be torcher for you! Things to come

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

highoctane

Caught the Bug
The first mod of many. Congrats! Eddies build right now has to be torcher for you! Things to come

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

The itch is killing me. Living in PA now though, I won’t need anything as hardcore as my last JK was with the double throw down suspension. In AZ it was nice to have it because I could bomb down fire roads at 70mph to get to the trail head, instead of bouncing around at 35mph or less. I plan on getting the 4.5” or 6.5” Evo Mfg suspension kit that Mel has on his Gladiator. What ever will let me run 40s without tearing the flares off.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
FYI to everyone with a Gladiator. The engine mounts are different, and JL skids that use the engine mounts as a mounting point for your engine oil pan skid plate will not fit.

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Did you get these direct from EVO? I just checked their website and the engine skid doesn't show up in the JT category but does show up in the JL/JLU category :idontknow:

No I got them from another Evo Mfg distributor. I got an RMA to return it already. No timeline on when a JT compatible skid will be available.

bonedoc

Hey , do you know if the EVO FAD skid will work with a Synergy HD Draglink, Tierod and Stabilier relocation kit? From what I can see in videos it looks like it will but I don't have parts in hand....or truck yet to look at...LOL.

Top Bottom