2012 JK Stalling out AGAIN!!! HAAAAALLLPPPPP

Bloody Stitches

2012 Jk with the classic ever problematic 3.6 Penstar Motor. 92k miles. On its 3rd head! Thank god it’s covered under the recall. Last time I was in dealer I informed them the Jeep would often bog out on me. It’s like a fuel cut off of some sort. The motor has a power loss and within a millisecond it gains power back but suffers a loss. It’s like the motor falls to the bottom of power band every time. Well after so many times and depending on how I’m accelerating, the motor shuts off and then I’m left to roll off to side of the road. The dealer has never been able to replicate the problem. Not even the bog out issue. My part time gear head part of brain thinks it’s fuel related. Hoping someone in here knows of this issue and can direct me to the issue. I should include this issue seems to be seasonal as well. I only experience it when it’s cooler temps. Also the JJ isn’t throwing any code what so ever.

Side note if anyone can recommend an awesome tech in the N.J. area I would appreciate that as well! I replaced my heater core once, and oil filter housing as well. I honestly don’t care to turn any more wrenches on it. This thing has drained me, but hey it’s paid off!

I also have a 2012 with about 94K. Mine starting doing something similar to what you are saying. If I had the cruise control on it would kick that off when it lost power. Almost like the engine was burping. Everyone told me it had something to do with the charcoal filter being clogged. I think it was just some bad gas that took a long time to get though the system. Every time I would fill up it would do act up on the way home from the gas station. But over the last month it started to be less aggressive. Then all the sudden it stopped about two weeks ago.

Bloody Stitches

I also have a 2012 with about 94K. Mine starting doing something similar to what you are saying. If I had the cruise control on it would kick that off when it lost power. Almost like the engine was burping. Everyone told me it had something to do with the charcoal filter being clogged. I think it was just some bad gas that took a long time to get though the system. Every time I would fill up it would do act up on the way home from the gas station. But over the last month it started to be less aggressive. Then all the sudden it stopped about two weeks ago.

I’ll look into the canister. Thanks.

Top Bottom