California Vacation Planning - Opinions!

rlew0083

We have always wanted to see the Giant Redwoods and the Sequoias. Give me your opinion on which you prefer and why!

Thinking about flying into Vegas, stay 2 nights, rent a car and drive into California. Would like to see Yosemite and maybe spend two or three nights nights in San Francisco. Would like to see Napa and do some winery tours. Would like to drive up the PCH.

What do you think? Let's hear some opinions.

danford.lau

Caught the Bug
You can see sequoias both in Sequoia, Kings Canyon, and the southern part of Yosemite . If short on time would skip those 2 and just do Yosemite. The drive up the PCH is worth it and if you have time, highly recommend Big Sur, Hearst Castle, and the Monterey peninsula . SF and surrounding areas are worth a few days . Would go from there through Napa and Sonoma for wine tasting . Drive from SF to Lake Tahoe is super scenic and the lake is beautiful this time of year . Then you can hit Yosemite

This is from southern Yosemite :
IMG_3266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I would skip SF altogether unless you like seeing human shit all over the streets and people with needles hanging out of their arms. It isn’t the city it once was (even 5-10 years ago).

jesse3638

Hooked
I would skip SF altogether unless you like seeing human shit all over the streets and people with needles hanging out of their arms. It isn’t the city it once was (even 5-10 years ago).

Agreed. Been a couple times. Maybe drive across the golden gate and do alcatraz and call it a day. I hate people and being crammed in irritates me. I prefer seeing things from there in pictures, no people to ruin it for me...haha.

CalSgt

Hooked
I prefer the wineries in Amador county to the Napa area, they seem less touristy, less stuffy & a little more laid back. With a little route planning you can get from the bay area through Amador to south lake Tahoe on two lane scenic roads mostly.

If I ever go into SF I stay in Corte Madera (north bay) at the Best Western, which has good rates except when NASCAR is in town. There is a ferry right there you can ride to the city or right to AT&T park for ball games, the hotel will shuttle you to the terminal for free. Its right near Napa too if that's where you decide to drink wine...

Top Bottom