Truck Lite "Military" headlights?

sm31

I'm sorry if this is the incorrect location for this thread... since the application is JK - specific, I thought I'd try here.

Looking to go with some heated LED's this winter, and Truck Lite is at the top of my list. I've noticed some of their 7" offerings include "Military" in the title but I can't figure out what the difference is (if any). Does anyone know what the Military designation is for? Are they JK-compatible?

Thanks!!

Edit: Just found a pic that looks like the wiring may be different? Is that it though?

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I'm sorry if this is the incorrect location for this thread... since the application is JK - specific, I thought I'd try here.

Looking to go with some heated LED's this winter, and Truck Lite is at the top of my list. I've noticed some of their 7" offerings include "Military" in the title but I can't figure out what the difference is (if any). Does anyone know what the Military designation is for? Are they JK-compatible?

Thanks!!

Edit: Just found a pic that looks like the wiring may be different? Is that it though?

Military are 24 volt, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Sorry y'all... I'm probably being dense here but I want to make sure I understand. On the description for these, I'm seeing 12/24V. Does that mean they are "either" (both?)?

Bottom line... are they not an option for our JK's? Thanks again!!

Noble Woodsman

Sorry y'all... I'm probably being dense here but I want to make sure I understand. On the description for these, I'm seeing 12/24V. Does that mean they are "either" (both?)?

I think the military grade refers to the aluminum e-coated housing and impact resistant housing, and the operating voltage is determined by what pigtail connector you use. I ordered mine from quadratec, which came with the H4 3 blade connector pigtail and it was a plug and play install.

Take note of the type of connector that comes with whatever ones you order, since the connector needs to have a built in circuit to convert the pulse width modulated voltage that the stock lights use to regulated DC voltage.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked

Pretty sure that means the lights are available in either 12v or 24v
Anything you order from a distributor is going to be 12v anyways.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Just get the rigid branded truck lights, they have the heated option if that’s what you want too. I could not tell a difference between my original trucklite branded headlights and my heated rigid trucklites, except for the heating element

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Just get the rigid branded truck lights, they have the heated option if that’s what you want too. I could not tell a difference between my original trucklite branded headlights and my heated rigid trucklites, except for the heating element

That's the direction I'm headed! I really thought I'd be able to get away with non-heated LED's here but I misunderestimated the humidity & slushy conditions... moved here from WY where the winters were actually more harsh and I didn't have to worry about "slush"... lol.

Top Bottom