Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 35 Spline D44 Vs SF60?

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    You just have to come back and tell us how great everything Teraflex is.

What FF are you going with? CRD60? Thatíd match the front.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm really leaning Fusion. I'll look at prices for them and Dynatrac & decide.

Quote Originally Posted by jorgelrod View Post
    If you see Eddies video of him running 40’s on a 35 spline 44, he grenaded his ring and pinion, not his shafts which is most likely what will happen even with a light foot under the right conditions...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by Braxtonsag View Post

Another thing is he was running 5.38s if I remember right, I’m currently on 4.88s and would probably only jump up to 5.13 if I felt like it absolutely needed it. I hated my 4.88s on 37s. It felt way over geared and I was cruising above 3k on the highway. The 4.88s seem perfect with the 38s right now so I couldn’t imagine bumping above 5.13 for 40s.

If I do end up breaking a r&p, I have a brand new one on the shelf with master kit from when I bought the pro rock so itl be a lesson learned. The general consensus here is to stay away from the sf 60 though. Might just leave it alone until it gives me an issue and go from there.
    To be clear, it was a 5.38 ring & pinion, 35 spline ARB locker, in an oem non-rubicon rear D44 housing, pushing HEAVY 40/15.50R20 toyos on 20" spiderlocks.... basically the heaviest tire possible. the shafts were fine, but the ring gear was stripped because the pinion was so small it only engaged a few teeth at a time.

My revolution rear 32 spline shafts have been fine with 37s on slabs and 1.5" spacers. I wont lie and say I dont worry about them when the trail gets tough, but so far they have survived some spinning on the rocks just fine (good bumps).

I think a 35 spine conversion in the rear 44 will be the better bet over a SF60 for you (and the majority of people). the ONLY thing the SF60 will gain you is ring and pinion strength... but you want to run the 4.88 gearset anyway, which is plenty strong in the D44 save 60s for full float hubs IMO
    Last edited by DWiggles; 09-24-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Been Around the Block Braxtonsag's Avatar
    I appreciate everyoneís input! I think at 5.13 on the 44 Iíll probably be fine. Iím sure Itl atleast last until I can afford to go FF front and rear. I really donít plan on living in this flat shithole forever

I appreciate everyoneís input! I think at 5.13 on the 44 Iíll probably be fine. Iím sure Itl atleast last until I can afford to go FF front and rear. I really donít plan on living in this flat shithole forever
    As long as you stay with 37s and donít get crazy with the throttle you should be fine. Iíve been running 37s on a PR44 front and rubicon 44 rear. Stock lockers with ten factory chromoly shafts. 5.13 gears. This set up has served me well for several years of wheeling, including multiple trips to Moab, a couple of Rubicon runs, Fordyce, and many local runs in the mountains and desert. I havenít even bent any flanges. 🤞🏻

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been running 5.13, stock 30 spline, and arb air locker in my sport 44 for years. No issues.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Nothing but a Thing Red Knight15's Avatar
    Iím running a Non Rubicon 44 with 35 Spline Revolution shafts and a Ox Locker. No issues yet. Probably jinxed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    Iím running a Non Rubicon 44 with 35 Spline Revolution shafts and a Ox Locker. No issues yet. Probably jinxed myself.
    Have fun at windrock

Quote Originally Posted by nbunga View Post
    Have fun at windrock
    Planning on it. ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by Red Knight15 View Post
    How's the operation of that OX locker been? That's another thing I'm looking at per my advisor at Exodus Jeeps

Are you using the cable actuator or air? Any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Ddays View Post
    How's the operation of that OX locker been? That's another thing I'm looking at per my advisor at Exodus Jeeps

Are you using the cable actuator or air? Any issues?
    IMG_0003.jpg
    Air , no issues yet. Bought most of it from Bubba.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast