MyAirbags

fiend

Caught the Bug
Anyone have experience with these guys? They say they can “reset” your airbag module for $49. My airbag light has been on for a couple of years, despite never being in an accident. The local dealer says I need a new module, at a cost of about $500 parts and labor. Thinking of giving MyAirbags a try. They claim that resetting or repairing your original module avoids the need to have a replacement module programmed or calibrated.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Anyone have experience with these guys? They say they can “reset” your airbag module for $49. My airbag light has been on for a couple of years, despite never being in an accident. The local dealer says I need a new module, at a cost of about $500 parts and labor. Thinking of giving MyAirbags a try. They claim that resetting or repairing your original module avoids the need to have a replacement module programmed or calibrated.

Airbag modules don’t fail. It’s almost always the wiring, occasionally a loose connector.

I wouldn’t waste my money without a second opinion on the problem

fiend

Caught the Bug
Airbag modules don’t fail. It’s almost always the wiring, occasionally a loose connector.

I wouldn’t waste my money without a second opinion on the problem

Yeah. To be fair to the MyAirbags guys, their website does say if your light is on but you weren’t in an accident, you should have the codes read before sending the module to them. That’s my situation, so I’ll see about the codes first. I suspect it may be some kind of connection issue. It seems like the light came on around the time I removed and reinstalled the seats for some other projects. The seats have airbags in them and associated wiring, so....

jeeeep

Hooked
what about the Jeep airbag recall? have you tried that ?

i get a weekly notice and call once every other week to remind me about the recall and get it done now!

my airbag light also came on when my clock spring failed - also on recall

Last edited:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Yeah. To be fair to the MyAirbags guys, their website does say if your light is on but you weren’t in an accident, you should have the codes read before sending the module to them. That’s my situation, so I’ll see about the codes first. I suspect it may be some kind of connection issue. It seems like the light came on around the time I removed and reinstalled the seats for some other projects. The seats have airbags in them and associated wiring, so....

If you turned the ignition on while the seats were out that will be the reason or the code and it just needs to be cleared.

Also I had an issue with mine because the seat wiring got caught in the mechanism and cut a wire. If you’ve had the seats out I’d start there.

fiend

Caught the Bug
what about the Jeep airbag recall? have you tried that ?

i get a weekly notice and call once every other week to remind me about the recall and get it done now!

Yeah I went in for all the recalls a year or so ago. Maybe my dealership is just a piece of shit, but they say they did everything under the recall and the airbag light is still on and not covered. Pulled a code, B2209. “Occupant restraint controller Internal 3.” suggests I’ll have to bite the bullet and pony up the $500 if I want the dash light out. [emoji37]

jeeeep

Hooked
Yeah I went in for all the recalls a year or so ago. Maybe my dealership is just a piece of shit, but they say they did everything under the recall and the airbag light is still on and not covered. Pulled a code, B2209. “Occupant restraint controller Internal 3.” suggests I’ll have to bite the bullet and pony up the $500 if I want the dash light out. [emoji37]

That sucks, i'd try Jeep cares...they seem to be trying real hard to right the dealership lack of trust factor

Did you unhook the battery before you took seats out? Airbag codes don’t go away until you reset them unlike engine light, if it was still powered and you moved an airbag you just need to get reset

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug
That sucks, i'd try Jeep cares...they seem to be trying real hard to right the dealership lack of trust factor

Maybe I’ll try that. I’m not usually a grifter looking for free shit, but this one’s kind of annoying.

Did you unhook the battery before you took seats out? Airbag codes don’t go away until you reset them unlike engine light, if it was still powered and you moved an airbag you just need to get reset

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yes I disconnected the battery before removing the seats. I also checked the connections under the seats, for the seat airbags. I tried to delete the code but no dice.

The Jeep still drives fine. No issues. Just the light is bugging me. Also would like the airbags to be functional.

Top Bottom