New here from the warm Arizona desert

ken31756

Just sayin hi :standing wave:

Recently sold my 06 TJ Rubi and am still suffering withdraw pains.
Bought a 15 JKU Rubi because I wanted a 4 door, and needed to switch to a automatic transmission because of my advancing parkinson's symptoms.

I'm trying to deal with a steering issue on it, but I'll bring that up in the tech section.

Been a life long Jeeper going back to the CJ era.... and never outgrew it
Just wanted to say hey!!!

Attachments

• IMG_4859 (3).jpg
    IMG_4859 (3).jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 47

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Just sayin hi :standing wave:

Recently sold my 06 TJ Rubi and am still suffering withdraw pains.
Bought a 15 JKU Rubi because I wanted a 4 door, and needed to switch to a automatic transmission because of my advancing parkinson's symptoms.

I'm trying to deal with a steering issue on it, but I'll bring that up in the tech section.

Been a life long Jeeper going back to the CJ era.... and never outgrew it
Just wanted to say hey!!!

Welcome to WAL from Indiana. My brother suffers from severe early onset Parkinsons. I wouldn't wish that disease on my worst enemies. Take care of yourself. Beautiful jeep!
Jon

ken31756

Welcome to WAL from Indiana. My brother suffers from severe early onset Parkinsons. I wouldn't wish that disease on my worst enemies. Take care of yourself. Beautiful jeep!
Jon

Thanks Jon! Your brother is in my thoughts and prayers. Early onset Parkinsons, and severe at that, is really tough. Being supportive, patient, and understanding are key. I'm very fortunate in that I was diagnosed 5 years and so far my symptoms are mild, and I get good results from my meds. I'm slow and occasionally clumsy, but for the most part am able to do most things I want. Steering and shifting was starting to be a problem with my TJ's 6 speed, and since it is my daily driver I needed more interior space...... so now I have a 4dr automatic! :)

I'm a avid cyclist and ride in Parkinsons fundraisers whenever possible, not for myself, but for people like your brother who have it worse than I do. Research is key, and it takes money... so now that I'm retired that is a prime focus of mine. Tell your bro to stay strong!

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Thanks Jon! Your brother is in my thoughts and prayers. Early onset Parkinsons, and severe at that, is really tough. Being supportive, patient, and understanding are key. I'm very fortunate in that I was diagnosed 5 years and so far my symptoms are mild, and I get good results from my meds. I'm slow and occasionally clumsy, but for the most part am able to do most things I want. Steering and shifting was starting to be a problem with my TJ's 6 speed, and since it is my daily driver I needed more interior space...... so now I have a 4dr automatic! :)

I'm a avid cyclist and ride in Parkinsons fundraisers whenever possible, not for myself, but for people like your brother who have it worse than I do. Research is key, and it takes money... so now that I'm retired that is a prime focus of mine. Tell your bro to stay strong!

Will do, thanks for the thoughts and prayers. His symptoms started in his late 20's. By 31 he couldn't work any more. I think he was 35 when the doctors finally diagnosed him, that's how far outside the bell curve of Parkinsons that he was. Thanks for being an advocate for all Parkinsons patients!

Do you have a nerve stimulator? A friend of mine's father has one (vegal nerve I think). He said it has done wonders for his dad's quality of life. I keep recommending my brother look into it. Don't know if he's asked his doctor or if he just isn't a good candidate...

Anyways, enough sad stuff. Enjoy your beautiful jeep! If you ever make it out to Indiana hit me up. I'll show you around some trails. Cheers man!

Top Bottom