What about the Pentastar after Hemi Conversion?

TwitchingDog

I’m looking for some advice from others that have swapped out their 3.6L Pentastar (or earlier) for Hemi. 2 things primarily best shops (in your opinion) for conversion and what you did with the other engine? Did the shop buy it or did you have to sell it?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Typically the shop will need it for a core replacement. If they don’t and you’re lucky, you might find someone that is in desperate need of a 3.6 but we’ve never had anyone need one WHILE we had a 3.6 on the ground. I’ve sold them in the past for $1000 just to get them out of the way.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
Typically the shop will need it for a core replacement. If they don’t and you’re lucky, you might find someone that is in desperate need of a 3.6 but we’ve never had anyone need one WHILE we had a 3.6 on the ground. I’ve sold them in the past for $1000 just to get them out of the way.

Too bad they can’t easily be put into the 2007-2011 JK, in place of the 3.8.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I thought most shops keep the extra 3.6’s around for Piginajeep since he goes through about one a year.

TwitchingDog

Thanks Exodus, so basically assume the 3.6 turns into vapor. LOL

Exodus 4x4

Thanks Exodus, so basically assume the 3.6 turns into vapor. LOL

That’s been my experience. If they do a lot of swaps they may have someone waiting for an engine. I usually have people waiting but when it comes time to buy it, they have already gotten one somewhere else. Some money is still better than no money. What the 3.6 worth to you right now?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That’s been my experience. If they do a lot of swaps they may have someone waiting for an engine. I usually have people waiting but when it comes time to buy it, they have already gotten one somewhere else. Some money is still better than no money. What the 3.6 worth to you right now?

You should create a market for putting the 3.6's into side by sides. ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

IMG_8546.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Lol I have a Dixie Chopper with a 60” deck that could use an upgrade

Those Dixie Choppers are badass, I had one once it was great

My 90 year old grandfather has one vice and that’s cutting the grass daily in his zero turn Dixie. lol he was a little behind in this picture after being in the hospital for a few days.

IMG_8547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom