Proper location for a raised front track bar bracket.

Ajkaz

In the process of a DL flip, I have the synergy raised TB bracket specifically for the PR44 tube size. Before I hack the old bracket off I was going to mark the tube where the center of the current bolt hole is for the track bar. I then intend to weld in the new bracket on the same plane aligning the new bolt holes with the old; this way its attaching at the same horizontal point on the axle, just higher vertically.

As for rotation I intend to use an angle finder to find the current angle and match it with the new bracket. Should I instead level the bracket flat at my current caster?

Those who completely understand the geometry of the suspension, what would you do?

I called Synergy, no instructions exist for this combo though its a specific part #. They speculate that the sway bar links are in a different place and the standard directions would not work. I told them the above idea and they said that should be okay.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I think all you need to do is line up the hole on the sway bar link tab on the axle with the corresponding hole on the Synergy bracket. Use a bolt and an appropriate spacer, tighten it with a nut, and that will locate the bracket on the axle. (Basically, step 3 in the instructions at the link above.) Tack weld the bracket in place, remove the bolt and spacer, check with a ruler and angle finder, and then finish the welding.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ajkaz

Ajkaz

I think all you need to do is line up the hole on the sway bar link tab on the axle with the corresponding hole on the Synergy bracket. Use a bolt and an appropriate spacer, tighten it with a nut, and that will locate the bracket on the axle. (Basically, step 3 in the instructions at the link above.) Tack weld the bracket in place, remove the bolt and spacer, check with a ruler and angle finder, and then finish the welding.

Thanks fiend!

Slimebones

So, if you use this setup, if you want to use the stock axle mount for the lower sway bar link mount, you are limited to using either the stock rubber bushing type or a heim joint type. Is there a preferred heim joint that allows more lateral movement than the stock rubber bushing type? It seems most adjustable links I've looked at offer only a tie rod end on their links which will not fit in the 1 1/2" space between the stock lower mount and the newly mounted bracket for track bar. Hope this makes sense, as I have been thinking of replacing my links with ones that allow more lateral movement than the stock rubber bushing type.

JKbrick

So, if you use this setup, if you want to use the stock axle mount for the lower sway bar link mount, you are limited to using either the stock rubber bushing type or a heim joint type. Is there a preferred heim joint that allows more lateral movement than the stock rubber bushing type? It seems most adjustable links I've looked at offer only a tie rod end on their links which will not fit in the 1 1/2" space between the stock lower mount and the newly mounted bracket for track bar. Hope this makes sense, as I have been thinking of replacing my links with ones that allow more lateral movement than the stock rubber bushing type.

A tie rod end on a track bar for a JK? I’ve only seen that on a TJ on the frame end

fiend

Caught the Bug

Doug,

I’m still using the rubber bushing type links, mounted in the upper hole on the synergy bracket. See pictures. I haven’t had any issues with limited flex. But if you wanted to use heim joints, I would think you’d want skinny ones. I don’t see why you couldn’t mount them in the lower hole, with spacers. Maybe check out EVO’s links.

IMG_2915.jpg IMG_2916.jpg

Slimebones

Doug,

I’m still using the rubber bushing type links, mounted in the upper hole on the synergy bracket. See pictures. I haven’t had any issues with limited flex. But if you wanted to use heim joints, I would think you’d want skinny ones. I don’t see why you couldn’t mount them in the lower hole, with spacers. Maybe check out EVO’s links.

View attachment 335217 View attachment 335218

Greer, thanks for that, will look into that. I have gone through a couple sets of rubber bushings, ready for a change.

Top Bottom