808 JTR on order

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Well, it happened. Decided to bite the bullet and order a JTR for the boss lady. Our tundra is getting old and quite frankly, while it’s done great for us over the past 12 years, it’s not very practical for us anymore (too big for the islands and 2wd). Plan on selling her car as well once the JT is here to fund the lift/tires. I really hope I know what I’m getting myself into (besides a payment. Lol). Wish me luck. Aloha 🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks guys. Went with white since it hides scratches a little easier. Stingray just opened up and I really like that color but I just couldn’t imagine the pain of driving through Keawe with that color. Also went with black top and black fenders. While I really like the look of color matched top and fenders, I hate touching up my white fenders on the JK after every trip. Figured the forward camera would be cool but we’ll see how it goes when it gets here. Leather interior (because cleaning kids messes out of fabric sucks). Cold weather group (Mauna kea gets cold AF at night and during winter season). 8.4 uconnect/alpine, Bluetooth speaker, cargo management shenanigans. 8spd auto. LED lights because I’m not a fan of candles. Pretty excited for it. I know the boss lady is excited too. She’s only driven “off road” once or twice ever, both in my jku, but she was super nervous because it was manual but I know she enjoyed it. Having an auto should calm most of her fears and she can get out more behind the wheel.

Brute

Hooked
Cold weather group in Hawaii...people don’t realize how many homes have fireplaces upslope in the Big Island...ditto upcountry Maui...

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Thanks guys. Believe it or not, it does get pretty cold depending where you go. Nothing compared to certain places on the mainland but I guess it’s just a matter of perspective. Ready to get this thing going though. Waiting game sucks.

Whitarmy

Thanks guys. Believe it or not, it does get pretty cold depending where you go. Nothing compared to certain places on the mainland but I guess it’s just a matter of perspective. Ready to get this thing going though. Waiting game sucks.

Exactly! People don’t realize how cold 50-60 at night can feel if it was 90 during the day. I can remember wearing a sweatshirt in Kuwait freezing at night in the 90s.

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Alright so the wife told me today that she wants the JT lifted as soon as it gets here... she thinks rubis look alright, but still a little weird without bigger tires and stuff. I know JTs and JLs are different than my JK so I’m still deciding on what route to take. I have the 3” enforcer on my JK and love it so I was debating on the 2.5” and 4.5” for the JT. I just don’t have the coin for axles so I’ll be sticking with 37s and was debating between the enforcer 2.5” and 4.5” kits. Considering the longer wheelbase, I think the 4.5” would be the way to go but from what I’ve seen, it looks a little weird with 37s with the high fenders. Was also thinking of getting the 2.5” and getting 1” spacers if we have any issues... any thoughts on this?

Exodus 4x4

Alright so the wife told me today that she wants the JT lifted as soon as it gets here... she thinks rubis look alright, but still a little weird without bigger tires and stuff. I know JTs and JLs are different than my JK so I’m still deciding on what route to take. I have the 3” enforcer on my JK and love it so I was debating on the 2.5” and 4.5” for the JT. I just don’t have the coin for axles so I’ll be sticking with 37s and was debating between the enforcer 2.5” and 4.5” kits. Considering the longer wheelbase, I think the 4.5” would be the way to go but from what I’ve seen, it looks a little weird with 37s with the high fenders. Was also thinking of getting the 2.5” and getting 1” spacers if we have any issues... any thoughts on this?

Unless you plan on rock crawling it I would just do the 2.5” with 37’s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

-AINOKEA-

Hooked
Just got a call from the dealer. Apparently it was built really fast as should be here in about 2 weeks... super excited but kinda skeptical.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just got a call from the dealer. Apparently it was built really fast as should be here in about 2 weeks... super excited but kinda skeptical.

I expect full Hawaiian on the build.

IMG_8643.JPG

Top Bottom